Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 8, 15, 1:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: oliver2002
Wiki Link
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SASís intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 22, 13, 2:18 pm

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Originally Posted by DebitNM View Post
A bit of a wrinkle this time - we booked using partial Euro Bonus points and cash.
AFAIK the only way to upgrade a bonus ticket is an OPUP. This is good news. Have you tried OT to see if they give you a price? If it is a "normal" award ticket you are not allowed to upgrade. What's the booking class?
Old Aug 23, 13, 1:02 am

How does it look

Am flying from CPH to EWR at 6.35 Pm and have requested update to PLUS and Business. MOnday 2nd

Flying back, Tuesday sep 17, CPH - EWR at appro 5.25 pm, with same options.

Can some tell me how does it look?, remaining seats etc. If I check sas.com it seems like there are limited seats remaining in GO but also PLUS on the outbound flight?

Please help?
Old Aug 23, 13, 3:38 am

What is my chance?

Hi all,

Travelling from CPH to EWR on Sep 2nd at 6,35om
Travelling back, EWR to CPH on Tuesday sep 16th, at 5.25

Have bought the option through optiontown.

If I check SAS.DK it seems like not that many seats are empty. Can anyone give an indication whether this is correct and give me an estimate for the chance of an update ?
Old Aug 23, 13, 4:15 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Marriott Rewards, SPG, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Limited availability in economy is a good sign which is the case for your outbound flight SK901/02SEP.

However your inbound flight SK902/16SEP is all open in economy classes, check back closer to departure.
Old Aug 23, 13, 5:11 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold

Whats the earliest anyone has received confirmation of an OTUP and how can I check the availability/loading myself. I see some people reffer to flightstats but I dont know how to find the availability in each bookingclass... Can only find basic flightdetails there..
Old Aug 23, 13, 1:59 pm

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by John in the tower View Post
Whats the earliest anyone has received confirmation of an OTUP and how can I check the availability/loading myself. I see some people reffer to flightstats but I dont know how to find the availability in each bookingclass... Can only find basic flightdetails there..
I've received confirmation of an upgrade between 4 days and within 24 hours prior to a flight within the past year.

To use flightstats:
1. go to website
2. roll mouse over 'Flights'
3. select 'Flight Availability'
4. fill in relevant travel details
5. click 'Search Flight Availability'
6. find your flight on the list
7. click the arrow on the right side of the flight information to expand the flight details concerning each booking class.
Old Aug 23, 13, 4:19 pm

Got it, thanks!
Old Aug 23, 13, 10:07 pm

Programs: SK EBD, BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by KroFlyer View Post
I've received confirmation of an upgrade between 4 days and within 24 hours prior to a flight within the past year.

To use flightstats:
1. go to website
2. roll mouse over 'Flights'
3. select 'Flight Availability'
4. fill in relevant travel details
5. click 'Search Flight Availability'
6. find your flight on the list
7. click the arrow on the right side of the flight information to expand the flight details concerning each booking class.
Worth adding for other people who come across this post that in (4) you should make sure you also select the correct departure time window otherwise the flight will not show up (that at least confused me the first few times I tried to use flightstats).

In general I have found the loading in economy classes (Y,B,S,M,H,etc.) to be reflect the final loading. My experience is that the business class loading can vary a lot in the last week before the flight and is not such a good guide as to how much availability there will be at T-48/72 when they start applying the OT and SAS preregister upgrades.

I haven't used OT for a while but in the past received e-mails with the final decision anything from T-80 to T-12 before the scheduled departure.
Old Aug 23, 13, 11:46 pm

Got it 2. Thanks

Originally Posted by John in the tower View Post
Got it, thanks!
Old Aug 24, 13, 2:27 am

127€ from plus to biz ORD-CPH with OT is a fair price. Fingers crossed. Will also apply for upgrade for points to increase my chances. Flights is not til January so I know Im very very early starting thinking about this but Im just excited to try it!
Old Aug 24, 13, 2:27 am

127euro
Old Aug 25, 13, 10:00 pm

Exclamation Chances for SAS 908 this Thursday

Availability Reads

Registered for both SASPlus and Biz UTo

SK 908 0 EWR
08/29/13 7:00 PM OSL
08/30/13 8:20 AM 333
Daily
82% / 25m C5 D5 Z0 R0 J0 Y6 S6 B0 P0 A0 E6 M0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 O0 G0 N0
Old Aug 25, 13, 11:39 pm

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Originally Posted by jas2013 View Post
Availability Reads

Registered for both SASPlus and Biz UTo

SK 908 0 EWR
08/29/13 7:00 PM OSL
08/30/13 8:20 AM 333
Daily
82% / 25m C5 D5 Z0 R0 J0 Y6 S6 B0 P0 A0 E6 M0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 O0 G0 N0
Welcome to FlyerTalk jas2013!

I would be happy to see numbers like this.

The numbers mean that there are at least 5 in Biz(C5 D5) and 6 in Plus(Y6 S6). The E6 probably means that Go is oversold at that moment (all the zeros in the classes to the right of E6), so your chances are good.

Keep checking.
Old Aug 26, 13, 12:59 am

So guys, how does this look. Am a bit confused, yesterday there was 8 available in Z and now there is none???, Have bought an upgrade for both PLUS and BIZ

C/8 D/2 Z/0 R/0

J/0 Y/0 S/0 B/0 P/0 A/0 E/0 M/0 H/0 Q/0 V/0 W/0 U/0 K/0 L/0 T/0 O/0 G/0 N/0
Old Aug 26, 13, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by gakke View Post
Welcome to FlyerTalk jas2013!

I would be happy to see numbers like this.

The numbers mean that there are at least 5 in Biz(C5 D5) and 6 in Plus(Y6 S6). The E6 probably means that Go is oversold at that moment (all the zeros in the classes to the right of E6), so your chances are good.

Keep checking.
Thanks! I will let you all know how things turn out!

Search this Thread