Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: EBG, Club Carlson Gold, Frequent Flyer, SPG, Gold Points
upgrade received well before flight, 346 euros for PVG^
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: No travel, no cards. :(
SAS Lounge at EWR is simple, basic snack food. But there was a smile for me at reception and wifi is working fine, thank you.

I will be using Optiontown again, and will watch the thread for any other first-timers. It worked this time, this schedule.

Thanks, everyone... those who specifically helped and those who posted the first 25 pages.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Is lounge access included with OptionTown business upgrades? I got a little pushback on this on my inbound flight, but was able to talk my way into the lounge. As I've also been upgraded on the outbound flight, I want to know for sure. And is this documented anywhere on SAS or OT websites? I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Originally Posted by WNHHTraveler
Is lounge access included with OptionTown business upgrades? I got a little pushback on this on my inbound flight, but was able to talk my way into the lounge. As I've also been upgraded on the outbound flight, I want to know for sure. And is this documented anywhere on SAS or OT websites? I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks.
You should have no trouble getting into the lounge. The upgrade to business is to booking class Z and will be on your boarding pass ,and it is the booking class that qualifies you for lounge access. This is no different than a passenger that has bought a business class ticket.

Remember to get (print) a new boarding pass when you get upgraded.

I always look at the new reservation online to see if there is a better seat, as soon as I get confirmation of the upgrade.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:24 pm

I got the feeling that my booking class (showed B on one printout and Y on another), shouldn't have allowed me into the lounge. And I have a hard time calling her a moat dragon - she was really happy and sweet.

Me: "Hi, I have two questions for you"
Her: "Sure!"
Me: "First, did my upgrade allow for lounge access?"
At this point, she reached for my ticket... as she's looking it over, I asked
Me: "And second, if it does not, can I do a buy-in today?"
Her: "Oh, we aren't doing buy-ins. But you just go on ahead."
Me: "Thank you!"

And then I left a candy stick with her.
I'd bought 2 dozen of them for the crew, and was passing them out to anyone who helped me. She didn't know ahead of time, but her smile and attitude definitely meant I left one with her.

I've not been so much as Silver for a few years now, since I stopped going back so often. And the SAS lounge at EWR is not a place to hang out and party. The snacks are small, the fruit is probably the most appealing thing they lay out. But it was nice to have a place to sit that was quiet for more than 2 hours while waiting for my flight.

Should she have let me in? I do not know the exact answer to that.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:34 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by callie-girl
I got the feeling that my booking class (showed B on one printout and Y on another), shouldn't have allowed me into the lounge. And I have a hard time calling her a moat dragon - she was really happy and sweet.

(...)

Should she have let me in? I do not know the exact answer to that.
The former Economy Extra is now SAS Plus. And according to the SAS homepage, that should give lounge access, unlike the former EConomy Extra.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Sitting here in the lounge now at CPH and had no problem getting in. I guess the agent was just confused in Chicago.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: SAS EBG, EK Gold, GF Gold, CC Gold, BW Diamond, Scandic 3rd Floor
Hi

Im flying CPH-SFO with SAS in December with a buddy of mine for a NFL trip before they shut down Candlestick. Im looking at the prices on the tickets and the difference from SAS Go Saver to SAS Go is 33Euro per person pr leg. Would we stand a better chance of Optiontown upgrades if we skip the Saver and go for the regular SAS Go? We really want the Eco Extra seats since we are both tall guys. I used OT for a trip to Denver earlier this year from Eco to Eco extra and that was very smooth (except that i havnt received any points for it yet)

Best regards
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Anders Tygstrup
Hi

Im flying CPH-SFO with SAS in December with a buddy of mine for a NFL trip before they shut down Candlestick. Im looking at the prices on the tickets and the difference from SAS Go Saver to SAS Go is 33Euro per person pr leg. Would we stand a better chance of Optiontown upgrades if we skip the Saver and go for the regular SAS Go? We really want the Eco Extra seats since we are both tall guys. I used OT for a trip to Denver earlier this year from Eco to Eco extra and that was very smooth (except that i havnt received any points for it yet)

Best regards
My experience has been that it has nothing to do with how much you have paid for your original ticket, but is influenced by how filled the Saver (economy) section is, and if there is room in the high booking classes. I used to buy the cheapest tickets and regularly got upgraded. The times I didn't get an upgrade there was always plenty of room in the back of the plane.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: KLM Gold
I had my successful upgrade from economy to business credit to United MileagePlus but they are refusing to give me the C class bonus miles which Eurobonus gives for Optiontown upgrades. Do I have a good case or should I just bend over?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by meheeco
I had my successful upgrade from economy to business credit to United MileagePlus but they are refusing to give me the C class bonus miles which Eurobonus gives for Optiontown upgrades. Do I have a good case or should I just bend over?
Bending over is always good exercise, but you actually have an air tight case. Sas should have sent you a new confirmation with the new booking class. Send in a copy of this, and your boarding card which also has the new booking class. It should work.

The new booking class is Z which has the same mile awards as C and D.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: KLM Gold
Originally Posted by gakke
Bending over is always good exercise, but you actually have an air tight case. Sas should have sent you a new confirmation with the new booking class. Send in a copy of this, and your boarding card which also has the new booking class. It should work.

I guess the problem is that I never got any new confirmation from SAS, it was only sorted out at the airport and my boarding passes show C/C and no Z. I've contacted SAS now to see if they can send me something that would support my case.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: EB
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by callie-girl
I will be using Optiontown again, and will watch the thread for any other first-timers. It worked this time, this schedule.
Found this forum the other day after applying for my first upgrade through Optiontown. Special wave at callie-girl, a IRL friend of mine.

Anyway, I'm flying Stockholm to O'Hare on 30 June. I applied for the upgrade on 17 June and was notified today by receiving an updated electronic ticket from SAS. I'm thrilled!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 6:35 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk, Sandykins!

Special waves and hugs.

I was thrilled to get my first email from Optiontown and will definitely use them again. The upgrade was easy and the price was fabulous by comparison to buying the seat at the website.

I'm so glad it worked for you, too!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
Originally Posted by meheeco
Originally Posted by gakke

My understanding is that this is true only for EB, which gives points based on the upgraded class for OT upgrades (but not for other points/cash upgrades). Other FF plans treat OT upgrades the same way as points/cash upgrades and do not give points based on the upgraded class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.