Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 3:51 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by snowed
Economy to Business would be a double upgrade I think.
Not an issue with SAS. Both upgrades for points, Optiontown or op-ups from Eco to Business are unproblematic, even if technically a double upgrade. With OT you can choose both E+ and C. If you get both, C has priority
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Signed up for upgrade from Economy to Economy Extra on SK983 CPH to NRT March 27th couple of months ago when I booked the flight.

Upgrade cleared on March 24th.

This is the first time I fly with SAS.

Do I get now more miles (I collect with LH Miles&More) for the CPH-NRT segment or do I just get the miles for my original booking class?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by caspritz78
Signed up for upgrade from Economy to Economy Extra on SK983 CPH to NRT March 27th couple of months ago when I booked the flight.

Upgrade cleared on March 24th.

This is the first time I fly with SAS.

Do I get now more miles (I collect with LH Miles&More) for the CPH-NRT segment or do I just get the miles for my original booking class?
Hi,

Congrats :-)

The upgrade will change the booking class so you will get more miles as well. I cannot remember the booking class for Economy Extra but if the upgrade is cleared you should see it on the new booking you have or via look up on the PNR number.

/HerrO
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The ticket gets reissued in B if you booked and issued the original ticket in Amadeus. Mileage credit will be as per B.

I have added the information in the wikipost on top of the thread for future reference.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

BTW SK983 is badly oversold in M, so you might score an op-up into C as LH*G. Make sure you ask in the lounge

Code:
AD27MARCPHNRT                                                                   
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AD ** NRT NARITA INTL.JP             2 WE 27MAR 0000  
** NO NEW OTANI TOKYO THE MAIN HAS CHANGED ITS AMADEUS CODE                     
** FROM *NO* TO *BC*  THANK YOU FOR BKG HABCTYONOH31DEC-1                       
 1   SK 983  AL C4 D4 J3 RL Y3 S3 /CPH 3 NRT 1  1540    1040+1E0/343      11:00 
             E3 M3 H3 G3 NL
Code:
>SM SK 0983/C/27MARCPHNRT                                 /v
SM SK 0983/C/27MARCPHNRT/V                                                      
SM SK  0983  C 27MAR CPHNRT        343                                          
        A  B     D  E     G  H                                                  
C  1 B  /  +     +  /     .  C  B 1  C                                          
   2    +  +     +  +     /  +    2                                             
   3    +  +     .  .     +  +    3                                             
   4    /  +     +  /     +  +    4                                             
   5    /  +     +  /     +  /    5                                             
   6    .  .              .  .    6                                             
        A  B     D  E     G  H                                                  

A  B     D  E  F     G  H                                               
C  7 B  C  .     .  .        .  C  B 7  C                                       
   8    .  .     .  .        /  +    8                                          

. AVAILABLE   <> WING     F GEN FACI   K GALLEY   E EXIT    C COT               
+ OCCUPIED    - LAST OFF  H HANDICAP   Q QUIET    G GROUPS  P PET               
/ RESTRICTED  B BULKHEAD  V PREF.SEAT  X BLOCKED  L LEGROOM U UMNR              
() SMOKING    D DEPORTEE  UP UP-DECK   Z NO FILM  I INFANT  R REAR              
>SM SK 0983//27MARCPHNRT                                 /v
SM SK 0983/Y/27MARCPHNRT/V                                                      
SM SK  0983  Y 27MAR CPHNRT        343                                          
Y 14 <   /  +     +  +  /     +  /  > 14 Y                                      
  15 <   +  +     +  /  .     +  +  > 15                                        
  16 <   +  +     .  .  .     +  /  > 16                                        
  17 <   /  +     +  /  .     /  +  > 17                                        

>SM SK 0983/m/27MARCPHNRT                                 /v
SM SK 0983/M/27MARCPHNRT/V                                                      
SM SK  0983  M 27MAR CPHNRT        343                                          
         A  B     C  D  E  F     G  H                                           
M 23 <   +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +  > 23 M                                   
  24 <   +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +  > 24                                     
  25 <   +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +  > 25                                     
  26 <   +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +  > 26                                     

M 27 <   +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +  > 27 M                                   
  28 <   +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +  > 28                                     
  29     +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +    29                                     
  30              +  +  +  +             30                                     

)>m
  32 B  +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +  B 32                                      
  33    +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +    33                                      
  34    +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +    34                                      
  35    +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +    35                                      

M 36    +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +   36 M                                     
  37    +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +   37                                       
  38    +  +     +  /  +  +     +  +   38                                       
  39    +  /     +  /  /  +     +  +   39                                       
  40    +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +   40                                       

/ RESTRICTED  B BULKHEAD  V PREF.SEAT  X BLOCKED  L TOILET  U UMNR              
M 41    +  +     +  +  +  +     +  +   41 M                                     
  42    +  +        +  +  +     +  +   42                                       
)>
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:23 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
117-document necessary?

Great new Wiki!

However, it is one piece of information there that bothers me:

Only SK/117-documents with reservation in Amadeus may be upgraded.
Only Intercontinental flights will be upgraded, other segments will remain unchanged
The information is listed as being updated in NOV12.

The need for 117-document (i.e. ticketed by SAS) is stated as a requirement for the new confirmed points upgrade from SAS. However, it has never been stated as a requirement for Optiontown, indeed: codeshares have been reported succesfully upgraded AFAIR. I have been upgraded twice using Optiontown on a Lufthansa document (flying to the US on LH, returning on SK). My last upgrade was in October 2012, i.e. before the information in the Wiki. I have a trip to the US coming up in May, on LH document, but returning on SK (no codeshares). Optiontown allowed me to sign up and pay as before, even if not ticketed on SAS.

Does anyone know anything for sure about this?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:56 pm

I suppose they meant to say that if you have a 117 stock ticket and booked on amadeus they will reissue the ticket, all other (stock or GDS) bookings will just get a note in the reservation on SKs end and the required upgrade, but UTO will not reissue the ticket (because they probably can't lift the coupon and sticker it or exchange it in a non-native GDS)
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
BTW SK983 is badly oversold in M, so you might score an op-up into C as LH*G. Make sure you ask in the lounge
Something really weird happened when I tried to check-in online. I couldn't since it seems SAS doesn't offer online check in for the Frankfurt-Copenhagen leg but I could select my seat for Copenhagen-Narita and it offered me 1H. I guess 1H is business class? BTW I'm just a *S.

Found out you need to go via the Lufthansa website to check-in online on SAS if you depart form Germany. So I'm checked in and it says 1H on my boarding pass!

Last edited by flyingfkb; Mar 26, 2013 at 1:07 pm Reason: Added second paragraph
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:55 pm

Yep, it seems the LH*S in B got bumped up
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: SK*G, LH SEN
Any idea why the Optiontown Site is down already for days??
Old May 1, 2013, 6:00 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by tourist
for SK, it is a waste of time to visit the page and enter a PNR for anything else than longhaul, since only longhaul flights are upgradeable.
This should be posted here more frequently to find it easier. No wonder UTo is not available for SK HEL-CDG flight in year 2013 period.
Old May 6, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: KLM Gold
Originally Posted by Mr.Niels
Any idea why the Optiontown Site is down already for days??
Still looks to be down.. Has this service folded?
Old May 6, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, EuroBonus
Originally Posted by meheeco
Still looks to be down.. Has this service folded?
Honestly not sure what you're talking about. I haven't seen any downtime...... Maybe down/blocked in your geographic area?
Old May 6, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by solskjaer85
Honestly not sure what you're talking about. I haven't seen any downtime...... Maybe down/blocked in your geographic area?
I agree. I´ve been there every day on their website.
Old May 6, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: KLM Gold
Originally Posted by solskjaer85
Not sure what happened over the last 2 weeks.. I used www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com and it showed as down for everyone, however now I can access the site again. I guess it could have been some DNS hickup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.