FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1041467-optiontown-com-paid-upgrades-sas.html)

rumble Jan 3, 2013 12:05 pm

GinFizz, are you saying that you paid for the same upgrade in both money (OT) and points? Does not sound like a good deal to me!

ksu Jan 3, 2013 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by rumble (Post 19967933)
GinFizz, are you saying that you paid for the same upgrade in both money (OT) and points? Does not sound like a good deal to me!

GinnFizz states that OptionTown upgraded him, and that he received the points for paid business class (which one is supposed to get when using OT), and that SK did not deduct the points required for paying with points for the UG.

This corresponds to what SK Helpdesk told me: if both money and points are offeredm usually the money will be taken first!

kkdenmark Jan 9, 2013 10:59 am

Still at 50% upgrade.
24. Nov. no upgrade CPH-BKK, Eco 2/3 full.
1. Jan upgrade from Eco to Z BKK-CPH. Eco full.

*RTW* Jan 9, 2013 12:24 pm

Got also a updgrade from OT, both Y and Y+ with plenty of availability

fly12345 Jan 10, 2013 10:32 am

People may already know this, but to me it was new (ok, I should have read the fine-print):

I've frequently tried to upgrade on SAS European flights through optiontown.com, but never managed to get it (I've been upgraded on AirBaltic flights in Europe). When enquiring about this to OptionTown Customer Service, I received the following response:

" We would like to advise you that currently UTo is only available on SAS inter-continental flights. Furthermore, UTo is dynamic, depends on several factors and may change at any time. We shall keep you informed if it becomes available."

Disappointing...

SK2751 Jan 10, 2013 4:25 pm

Did they allowed you to subscribe and charged for the service? pretty bad business practice, if they did.

tourist Jan 10, 2013 11:29 pm

No, that's not how it works. Step one is to enter your PNR. If there is a possibility to upgrade, you pay €5 + (refundable) upgrade price. What fly12345 didn't realise is that for SK, it is a waste of time to visit the page and enter a PNR for anything else than longhaul, since only longhaul flights are upgradeable.

SK2751 Jan 11, 2013 2:20 am

good, I am relaxed :)

ksu Jan 11, 2013 11:12 am

OT EB points post late

I am surprised that some people seem to get their points for Z class (the discounted business class that OT upgrades book into) so quickly. I haven't got mine, except by retroregistering. The points for ORD-CPH in the end of October posted just two days ago, two months after sending in the confrmation to Tallinn.

*RTW* Jan 12, 2013 1:52 am

Can someone please post availability on IAD-CPH 18th on Jan please?

Checked other flght from Flightstats, showed plenty of availability, but in the end flight was almost fully booked? Is Flightstats reliable source at all?

Ps. Got my latest OT-upgrade in full C instead of normal Z

Orion_1 Jan 30, 2013 10:53 am

Quick update from GVA
My OT upgrade CPH-EWR for tomorrow 31st was not approved sadly

KroFlyer Feb 16, 2013 6:25 am

Approved, subject to availability??

For my flight tomorrow I used optiontown to upgrade and received this message just now in an email from optiontown:

Upgrade approved subject to availabili​ty. Please check status with SAS staff at Copenhagen airport. Optiontown
Has anyone had this experience before? And if so were you successful with getting upgraded?

boredandre Feb 17, 2013 10:39 am

I have a eco flexible flight to EWR with Sas in June. If I sign up with Optiontown (upgrade to business), and prior to my flight I have to cancel, will Optiontown refund me?

KroFlyer Feb 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by KroFlyer (Post 20258552)
For my flight tomorrow I used optiontown to upgrade and received this message just now in an email from optiontown:

Upgrade approved subject to availabili​ty. Please check status with SAS staff at Copenhagen airport. Optiontown
Has anyone had this experience before? And if so were you successful with getting upgraded?

When I arrived at the Service Desk at CPH the agent said they were waiting for me and had my upgrade already processed. All I had to do was pick out what seat I wanted. Overall good experience.

KroFlyer Feb 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by boredandre (Post 20264630)
I have a eco flexible flight to EWR with Sas in June. If I sign up with Optiontown (upgrade to business), and prior to my flight I have to cancel, will Optiontown refund me?

You should be refunded minus the 5 euro fee Optiontown charges for utilizing their service.