FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1041467-optiontown-com-paid-upgrades-sas.html)

KroFlyer Oct 15, 12 1:31 am

Originally Posted by viking76 (Post 19494759)
when do i normally get an answer ? fly out wed 17th 11 am osl to ewr. it was 315 euros when i signed up

72-4 hours prior to departure. I've experienced answers recently 48 hours and 18 hours prior to departure. Optiontown advises that you do not check-in for the flight online until you receive notification of any upgrade, as that may impact the decision of your upgrade.

viking76 Oct 15, 12 3:50 am

ok. it is 47 hrs now;) It is not possible to buy econ tickets on SAS.no right now. So I assume that Econ is Overbooked;)

KroFlyer Oct 15, 12 6:53 am

SK907 on Wed 17. Oct: A/0 C/7 D/7 J/7 Z/0 R/0 Y/8 S/7 B/0 E/8 M/2 H/2 Q/1 V/0 W/0 U/0 K/0 L/0 T/0 G/1 N/0

Economy does indeed look pretty full but not oversold according to Flightstats. Y and C seem to have plenty of space available. Good luck with the upgrade!

viking76 Oct 15, 12 9:10 am

Originally Posted by KroFlyer (Post 19498161)
SK907 on Wed 17. Oct: A/0 C/7 D/7 J/7 Z/0 R/0 Y/8 S/7 B/0 E/8 M/2 H/2 Q/1 V/0 W/0 U/0 K/0 L/0 T/0 G/1 N/0

Economy does indeed look pretty full but not oversold according to Flightstats. Y and C seem to have plenty of space available. Good luck with the upgrade!

ok. thanks. just said what i saw on SAS.no. there it was only eco extra and bus . :-)

ksu Oct 15, 12 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by KroFlyer (Post 19497348)
72-4 hours prior to departure. I've experienced answers recently 48 hours and 18 hours prior to departure. Optiontown advises that you do not check-in for the flight online until you receive notification of any upgrade, as that may impact the decision of your upgrade.

Sometimes waiting with the check-in will not be possible, i.e. if travelling on a connecting itinerary with checked luggage.

In May 2011 we travelled HNL-LAX-IAD-CPH-OSL-KSU, with an overnight (but no stop-over) in LAX. We checked ourselves and our luggage in at HNL and received boarding passes there the day before our SK flight from IAD, and were upgraded using Optiontown mid-air between LAX and IAD. (I had not checked mail, and asked at the gate at IAD about using points. The gate agent first thought we were op-up-ed, but points were given for OT upgrade).

It is probably sensible not to check-in if first departure airport is the origin of the SAS flight, but I would not inconvenience myself by just checking in for the first leg if connecting to SAS.

I have a similart itinerary this month, connecting on UA to SK at ORD, with a 13 hour stop in Chicago. I have luggage and will have to check that through Chicago. I will report back on the result (and obviously attempt to use points if OT doesn't get through!)

munnifar Oct 24, 12 1:34 pm

Upgrade succeses

I have OCT 16 been upgraded to BUS from ECO on EWR-CPH. I have upgraded 9 out of 10 times (the only miss was a SAS IAD-CPH cancellation of fights). I never opt for ECO Premium always only BUS. Pricing is APX 333 EURO and have been stable the last year.

I like very much Optiontown !

Travel4Love Oct 28, 12 3:09 am

Upgrade successes and prices

Hi all,
I only just joined FT. Reading through this thread I liked the idea of posting prices of successful optiontown upgrades. I have been wondering myself what these prices depend on. So here are mine:

March 2011 ORD-CPH 140 EUR to Economy Extra, Business would have been 319 EUR, but I didn't get it

May 2011 IAD-CPH 311 EUR to Business

March 2012 CPH-ORD 315 EUR to Business

March 2012 EWR-CPH 346 EUR to Business

BTW the first time I had a lengthy email exchange with SAS because they hadn't given me credit for the extra EB points. Last time I upgraded successfully I mentioned the point issue at check-in and then had no further problems. I am not sure whether that was the difference. Anybody with similar experiences?

ksu Oct 28, 12 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by ksu (Post 19500480)
It is probably sensible not to check-in if first departure airport is the origin of the SAS flight, but I would not inconvenience myself by just checking in for the first leg if connecting to SAS.

I have a similart itinerary this month, connecting on UA to SK at ORD, with a 13 hour stop in Chicago. I have luggage and will have to check that through Chicago. I will report back on the result (and obviously attempt to use points if OT doesn't get through!)

Update: travelling tonight ORD-CPH (actually in lounge at ORD now). Checked in with UA at YUL at 6AM this morning, got boarding pass for Eco. After long transborder security/ immigration line checked e-mail in MLL at YUL: OT had sent mail about probable upgrade. At check-in desk at ORD tonight (6.30 PM) got new BP for C. Flight oversold with two according to agent (i.e. might have gotten op-up), but someone will surely misconnect.

As I was op-upped to C MUC-YUL on Tuesday, this has been one of my more comfortable transatlantic trips lately

untouchab1e Oct 29, 12 8:33 am

Just to be sure, if I book a flight from SAS.no that happens to be a codeshare flight (I believe Lufthansa is operating the long haul flight), is OptionTown still a possiblity? I reckon it wont be, but just want to make sure.

HenrikP Oct 29, 12 8:56 am

Originally Posted by untouchab1e (Post 19585468)
Just to be sure, if I book a flight from SAS.no that happens to be a codeshare flight (I believe Lufthansa is operating the long haul flight), is OptionTown still a possiblity? I reckon it wont be, but just want to make sure.

It is not. SAS have to be the operating carrier

thorhansen Nov 6, 12 3:59 am

Flew from CPH to BKK on Saturday 3rd.
Registered for upgrade from Y Extra to C with SAS. 4 seats in C available, but no upgrade. All others classes full.

Upgraded with points instead :)

Flying back tomorrow. C is half full. Still waiting for an email from OT.

/Thor

thorhansen Nov 19, 12 8:02 am

Originally Posted by thorhansen (Post 19632873)
Flew from CPH to BKK on Saturday 3rd.
Registered for upgrade from Y Extra to C with SAS. 4 seats in C available, but no upgrade. All others classes full.

Upgraded with points instead :)

Flying back tomorrow. C is half full. Still waiting for an email from OT.

/Thor

No upgrade on return either :confused:

SK AAR Nov 20, 12 6:28 am

Optiontown upgrade with other tkt stock than 117?

Sorry, this may have been answered before.

Booked on SK 925/926 CPH-IAD r/t later this month. The flight No is UA codeshare and ticket stock is 016 (= UA ticket).

Optiontown seems to be unable to retrieve my booking. Can not upgrade on UA (but operated by SK) ticket? Thx

kkdenmark Nov 21, 12 11:27 pm

Optiontown only available on SK metal

SK AAR Nov 22, 12 1:19 am

Yes, I know.

I asked if SK metal but UA flight No + UA ticket stock would be eligible.