FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1041467-optiontown-com-paid-upgrades-sas.html)

FlyingMoose Apr 14, 2016 9:41 am

We had signed up for an advance point upgrade through the website.

She got the upgrade email before we arrived at the airport. We where on separate itineraries with different last names so there isn't an obvious connection to SK. She just had 2 upgrade attempts rejected and got a complimentary one instead.

sarcastix Apr 14, 2016 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by sarcastix (Post 26468200)
I always ask for it on SK984 but never get it, will see if things have changed next week :)

Upgraded from Plus to Business (z) on Mondays 984 fromTokyo to CPH :)

There were lots of empty Business seats on Webnesdays outbound flight but didn't upgraded. Maybe this OT dumping loads of upgrades before they lose there contract.

I have pending OT upgrades on LAX flights in May too, will have to read the new thread.

highupinthesky Apr 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by sarcastix (Post 26486720)
Upgraded from Plus to Business (z) on Mondays 984 fromTokyo to CPH :)

There were lots of empty Business seats on Webnesdays outbound flight but didn't upgraded. Maybe this OT dumping loads of upgrades before they lose there contract.

I have pending OT upgrades on LAX flights in May too, will have to read the new thread.

I'm pretty sure it's SAS who decide who should be OT upgraded or not. The reason for this, is that almost everytime OT have declined me an long haul upgrade, I've less than an hour later received either a cheap upgrade offer from SAS or got a courtesy upgrade.
On two flights I didn't receive any upgrade offer, but the planes were almost empty, so only upgrade option was point.

orlgy7777 Apr 16, 2016 9:04 am

OT upgrade success

Just received OT upgrade from SAS Go to Business (Z) flying EWR to ARN on Monday 4/18. Received notice around 60 hours prior to flight. Also got upgraded to SAS plus for ARN - GOT leg of trip. Called SAS to confirm they got the upgrades on their end and they were able to let me make seat selections in the upgraded cabins.

Looking forward to this trip!

skipmnyc Apr 28, 2016 6:46 am

Using OT for the first time, EWR-CPH-EWR, booked in Plus on UA ticket stock. OT offers the option of upgrading Plus-->Business for $254 each way. Here's my question: if the upgrade clears, is a new ticket issued? This is important for UA's rules on premier qualifying dollars, so the ticket needs to remain plated to UA.

Thanks for any insight. It's a long thread, so apologies if the answer is already buried in there someplace.

helosc Apr 28, 2016 7:08 am

SAS doesn't offer upgrades through OT anymore.
New system has just been launced.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...itches-ot.html

skipmnyc Apr 28, 2016 7:11 am

That's interesting, because as of this morning, OT is offering upgrades.

helosc Apr 28, 2016 7:18 am

See post 77+78 in the thread I linked to.
It seems that someone has got an upgrade via OT tomorrow.

highupinthesky May 1, 2016 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by skipmnyc (Post 26547184)
Using OT for the first time, EWR-CPH-EWR, booked in Plus on UA ticket stock. OT offers the option of upgrading Plus-->Business for $254 each way. Here's my question: if the upgrade clears, is a new ticket issued? This is important for UA's rules on premier qualifying dollars, so the ticket needs to remain plated to UA.

Thanks for any insight. It's a long thread, so apologies if the answer is already buried in there someplace.

The subject has been discussed, but I never got a clear picture. What I do know is that even I got an upgrade on the leg CPH-EWR, my TA was still able to make changes to the connecting flight and other legs on the trip. All legs was booked on the same ticket, and some of the legs was on SK operated flights and others on UA/UA express etc. operated flights.
Since it's only the service class and not the fair conditions that changes with the OT upgrade, I doubt OT actually issue a new ticket. I think they just issue an addon ticket, but I don't know the technical details.

dtman85 May 2, 2016 3:43 pm

OT offered me an upgrade from SGN to HUI on Vietnam Airline for $75 CDN. If I bought the business class ticket outright then this deal would have saved me $15:td: