Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 1:29 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Koc
Could this be a potential upgrade candiate?
Yes!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:26 am
Koc

Originally Posted by Someone83
Yes!
^

But, I remember reading that OT upgrades to Z. Since Z is zeroed, could that prevent a M to C upgrade?

Updated: C/9 D/9 J/5 Z/0 Y/6 S/5 B/0 all other fares are 0.

Last edited by Koc; Sep 23, 2011 at 8:27 am Reason: Misspell
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: SK EBG,Delta Medallion/FB Gold, Choice Gold,M&M SEN,Hertz No.1 Gold,Club Carlson Elite Gold,
Originally Posted by Koc
^

But, I remember reading that OT upgrades to Z. Since Z is zeroed, could that prevent a M to C upgrade?

Updated: C/9 D/9 J/5 Z/0 Y/6 S/5 B/0 all other fares are 0.
No, I don't think so. Z is just a fare bucket. Business (C,D) is wide open!
Old Sep 24, 2011, 1:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I will fly BKK-CPH in some hours. Had a T-class for me and my wife, got two days ago the new ticket in Z. I didn't check just before but less than a week ago there was still E, H, M 9 and Y9,S6 as well as C, D, J8 so perhaps it's enough that there are plenty of C-seats available?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 3:53 pm
Koc

Thanks for your replies! When cheking Flightstats today, there is suddenly several M seats open (9+), but there are no M seats available at sas.no... Hopefully Flightstats isn´t that reliable?

Originally Posted by niksal
I will fly BKK-CPH in some hours. Had a T-class for me and my wife, got two days ago the new ticket in Z. I didn't check just before but less than a week ago there was still E, H, M 9 and Y9,S6 as well as C, D, J8 so perhaps it's enough that there are plenty of C-seats available?
Well, who knows for sure.. But the consensus from reading this thread, and partly from own experiences, is that OT upgrades tends to happen when M is full/overbooked while Y and C are still open.

Just have to keep fingers crossed
Old Oct 9, 2011, 1:42 pm
Koc

Anyone with magical abilities who can help me with the availability on SK973 22.10? Flightstats seems to be a bit ambivalent about this one...

Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Koc
Anyone with magical abilities who can help me with the availability on SK973 22.10? Flightstats seems to be a bit ambivalent about this one...

Thanks!
In C we got 30 seats available.
In EcoEx 6 free seats.
In M all windows are taken. 24 free seats, all in the middle "4 rowers"
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:36 am

Looks like 29Oct SK945 getting full in Economy

I am on SK945 ARN-ORD on Saturday the 29th Oct. Only 2 seats (32C and 32F) are available! And 22 seats available in C!

Last edited by HHConrad; Oct 10, 2011 at 5:37 am Reason: seat map wrong
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:23 am

tokyo december 17th

Here are the current stats. Seems like a fairly empty flight to me, so what do you think the odds are of me being upgraded (having bought option town upgrades) are?

C/9 J/9 D/9 Z/9 - business 36 seats free

Y/9 S/9 B/8 E/9 M/9 H/9 Q/9 V/9 - economy 71 seats free

therefore there are currently 138 passengers flying out of a possible total of 245.

I would have thought if their business class stays that empty they would be happy to bump up a few people who have paid with option town!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by freeman300
I am on SK945 ARN-ORD on Saturday the 29th Oct. Only 2 seats (32C and 32F) are available! And 22 seats available in C!
Sounds promising.

Originally Posted by moronic50
Here are the current stats. Seems like a fairly empty flight to me, so what do you think the odds are of me being upgraded (having bought option town upgrades) are?

C/9 J/9 D/9 Z/9 - business 36 seats free

Y/9 S/9 B/8 E/9 M/9 H/9 Q/9 V/9 - economy 71 seats free

therefore there are currently 138 passengers flying out of a possible total of 245.

I would have thought if their business class stays that empty they would be happy to bump up a few people who have paid with option town!
Note that 9 means "at least 9" in that particular booking class. Your numbers don't really tell you anything except that your flight is rather empty. But I think it's way to early to draw any conclusions regarding what a December 17 flight will look like in the end. Check again later!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA plat
I'm flying SK973 CPH-BKK on 19. October and have opted for business upgrades via Optiontown. I've been looking at Flightstats and it seemed for long that Economy is going to be fully packed and Business wide open. However, something like a week ago, SAS sold like 20 Business + Economy Extra seats at the same time and now the complete flight seems to be almost sold out.

I'm really hoping that those are actually Optiontown cashing out the upgrades... if not, I'm most likely stuck in Economy. Fingers crossed

A/0 C/1 D/1 J/0 Z/0, Y/1 S/0 E/0 M/0 H/0 Q/0 V/0 W/0 U/0 K/0 L/0 T/0 G/0
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:50 pm
Koc

Originally Posted by freeman300
In C we got 30 seats available.
In EcoEx 6 free seats.
In M all windows are taken. 24 free seats, all in the middle "4 rowers"
Thanks for your help

But how come, with 24 open seats in M and 30 in C, www.SAS.no only shows M0, Y7 and C7 ?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Koc
Thanks for your help

But how come, with 24 open seats in M and 30 in C, www.SAS.no only shows M0, Y7 and C7 ?
When I generated the seatmap I was not able to get it in Y. KVS tool responded that it was not for sale in that class. I therefore picked the select class option and picked M.

What you can try is the My booking at lufthansa using your SAS booking ref no. Once you have your booking you can look at the select seat option. The graphics you then get, based on my small experience, matches the KVS tool.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: EBS
SK907 on the 19th of October.

I think my chanses are pretty good for an upgrade. This is what expertflyer says:

A0 C9 D9 J9 Z0 Y7 S7 B0 E7 M3 H3 Q2 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 G1
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by HenrikP
I think my chanses are pretty good for an upgrade. This is what expertflyer says:

A0 C9 D9 J9 Z0 Y7 S7 B0 E7 M3 H3 Q2 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 G1
Please let us know how this one goes! I'm a bit skeptical I have to say, as there is even availability in Q. If M, H and Q would all be 0, then I would be more positive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.