Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Successfully upgrade for my girlfriend and I on SK907 last Saturday. Confirmation came 14 hours before departure.

However, the wrong amounts of points posted, så who is it recommended to contact to avoid Bankok?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Someone83
Successfully upgrade for my girlfriend and I on SK907 last Saturday. Confirmation came 14 hours before departure.

However, the wrong amounts of points posted, så who is it recommended to contact to avoid Bankok?
As many others recommend here, it´s worthwhile to phone optiontown to ask them to sort it out with SAS.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 2:21 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
As many others recommend here, it´s worthwhile to phone optiontown to ask them to sort it out with SAS.
E-mail (or contact form on Optiontown's webpage) works very well too.

We were upgraded (two pax, M->C) ARN-ORD and IAD-CPH in May. Full flights both ways. ARN-ORD was confirmed 48 hours prior to departure and posted correctly. IAD-CPH were not confirmed before we were at the gate, and BP and handling at gate were similar to OpUp. (No new booking class on BP, no lounge access). As we had received an e-mail from Optiontown that this was "their" upgrade, I e-mailed them after wrong bonus points had been posted, and after a week this was corrected on my account.

(The reason for the wrong points could be that we were upgraded late, but the reason could also be that the upgrade request had been made on a booking that was later cancelled by the travel agent by mistake. The request coud not be transferred automatically to the new booking, but Optiontown handled this manually)
Old Jul 13, 2011, 4:27 pm

You who have access to flight availability sites and experience in looking at these. Which flight looks best for an M-C upgrade with Optiontown on september 1st 2011? SK 910 or 908?

A little note is that SK is flying an A330 on the EWR-CPH route that day and not the usual A340 will this mean less or more chance, impossible to know I guess. Or?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Long leg
You who have access to flight availability sites and experience in looking at these. Which flight looks best for an M-C upgrade with Optiontown on september 1st 2011? SK 910 or 908?

A little note is that SK is flying an A330 on the EWR-CPH route that day and not the usual A340 will this mean less or more chance, impossible to know I guess. Or?
Well why do you think CPH-EWR is usually operated by an A340? EWR are usually operated with an A330 from OSL, ARN and CPH.

My guess is that your chance is less for an upgrade on the A330 as that bird have more economy class seats and less business class seats. But on the other hand, my experience is that CPH-EWR-CPH are fully booked in economy class on all most every flight, so thats in your favour.

As what I can see right now, SK910 seems to be almost sold out in Economy but wide open in Business, with means great chances for you. Were as SK908 has great availability in all classes.

Last edited by NicoEBG; Jul 14, 2011 at 12:12 pm
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by NicoEBG
Well why do you think CPH-EWR is usually operated by an A340? EWR are usually operated with an A330 from OSL, ARN and CPH.
I thought SK used the A340 for CPH - EWR flights. At least they will be a few times that particular week.

My guess is that your chance is less for an upgrade on the A330 as that bird have more economy class seats and less business class seats. But on the other hand, my experience is that CPH-EWR-CPH are fully booked in economy class on all most every flight, so thats in your favour.

As what I can see right now, SK910 seems to be almost sold out in Economy but wide open in Business, with means great chances for you. Were as SK908 has great availability in all classes.

I went for the EWR - CPH flight but my gut feeling is that I'll be stukc back in row 37 since my last few op ups haven't gone through, not because M was empty, but because both M, Y and C were completely packed.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 1:38 pm

I thought SK used the A340 for CPH - EWR flights. At least they will be a few times that particular week.

Interesting, as that isn't usual.

I went for the EWR - CPH flight but my gut feeling is that I'll be stuck back in row 37 since my last few op ups haven't gone through, not because M was empty, but because both M, Y and C were completely packed.
Have you signed up fort the upgrade? What did you pay? Will be interesting to see if it clears then. Its my experience that optiontown upgrades tend to cleare when M is fully booked or overbooked and C is relatively open. But as you mention, the EWR-CPH flights are usually booked solid.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 2:16 pm

Have you signed up fort the upgrade? What did you pay? Will be interesting to see if it clears then. Its my experience that optiontown upgrades tend to cleare when M is fully booked or overbooked and C is relatively open. But as you mention, the EWR-CPH flights are usually booked solid.
999 bux for both ways.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 2:56 pm

999 bux for both ways.
Euro? USD?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:33 pm

Euro? USD?
Bux = Bucks = Dollars
Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:52 pm

Bux = Bucks = Dollars
Haha well ok, but thats an ok price - good luck then. I had 11/12 OT requests confirmed.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
EBG Op-up vs Points/Optiontown

I´ll travel CPH-BKK in M with my two older kids(11&13 y old) in november. I´ve used optiontown several times before with mixed results. Last CPH-BKK I didn´t get Uto upgrade but got upgraded to C at gate due to EBS status.

So..my options are the following:

1. Sign up for an Uto to either Y or C

2. Apply for an upgrade to Y/C using points

3. Hope to win the lottery and we get upgraded due to my EBG status.

Any thoughts and experiences?
Y is nice if its possible to get the 3 seats in the middle, but anyhow we will maybe have to accept spread seating in either Y or C I guess??
Old Jul 26, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: A3*G, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Pretty strange experience.
My upgrade M->C shown as confirmed on optiontown website, but still no e-mail from OT, my itinirary on Virtually There still shows economy and SAS web check-in let me select seat from economy. Also economy shown as wide open on this flights (EMHG/9+)
The question is - would it be safer to wait to check-in at airport (I already selected desired seat for first leg and it seems "stored") or I can safely check-in online and than just change boarding pass for second leg in airport?

P.S. Flight is SK 983 CPH-NRT on July 27th fwiw

Last edited by Egor; Jul 26, 2011 at 1:11 pm
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
I would wait to check in until you get to the airport
Old Jul 27, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: EB, KL Gold
(first time caller, long time lurker)

Put in for upgrade ARN-ORD 29 jul from econ extra to business. Received email from SAS today saying i'm now in booking class Z and booking tool shows i'm in business. Optiontown, funnily enough, isn't showing that i've been upgraded yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.