FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1041467-optiontown-com-paid-upgrades-sas.html)

Koru Flyer Feb 17, 2010 10:28 pm

For today's flight (18/2) ARN-ORD Optiontown cleared a Y(S)-->C(Z) flight for €272. I put in the request on 15/2 and was confirmed on 16/2. Overall straightforward experience.

Flight is busy but not really overbooked, and actually surprised as /C/ is showing only 3 seats available that they did not try to hold them for sale?

SK 945 ARN 10:20 ORD 12:30 333 0 A0 C3 D3 J3 Z0 Y9 S9 B0 E3 M3 H3 Q3 V0 W0 U0 K0 L0 T0 G3

Was rebooked in /Z/ which is great, less stress, more miles and seems better value than points.

jth Feb 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer (Post 13411774)
For today's flight (18/2) ARN-ORD Optiontown cleared a Y(S)-->C(Z) flight for €272. I put in the request on 15/2 and was confirmed on 16/2. Overall straightforward experience.

Flight is busy but not really overbooked, and actually surprised as /C/ is showing only 3 seats available that they did not try to hold them for sale?

Interesting observation. Maybe they think they can sell those last Y class seats easier? There shouldn't really be no issues with op-ups since Economy extra is wide open. Great that you got a C class seat, i'm stuck in 16H on economy extra :p Come by and say hi if you like :D

Shoes99 Feb 19, 2010 3:35 pm

We purchased economy tickets on SAS, EWR to CPH. R/T $1003 each, $2006 total. June 2010 travel.
I signed up for upgrades from optiontown for $1044.00. My optiontown transactions were processed and I was already charged $1044 (4segments).
Do you know if purchasing my SAS tickets thru Orbitz will make any difference in my chance to be upgraded to Economy Plus on SAS.

Koru Flyer Feb 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by jth (Post 13411805)
i'm stuck in 16H on economy extra :p Come by and say hi if you like :D

Sorry, I missed your post and ignored you. Flight in /C/ was fine, only 50% open in the cabin (why then J=3?). Otherwise good flight except the nice red was ditched for some chilean wine so had a choice between a chilean and argentinain which not really acceptable. And do people actually like the smörrebrod they serve before landing - would prefer just a sandwich or anything!

vilntrav May 13, 2010 9:44 pm

I understand upgrade with Optiontown does give miles rewards with SAS but not with Airbaltic.
My question : when using Optiontown to upgrade from economy to business with Airbaltic, do I "lose" only additional miles which come with business, or also miles which I normally would have earned by flying Economy class ?
By the way I was proposed 99 Eur for VNO-CDG upgrade to business

vilntrav May 14, 2010 2:40 am

I got the answer from Optiontown : when being upgraded through them on a Air Baltic flight Baltic miles corresponding to economic fare are credited.

dabee69 May 14, 2010 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by vilntrav (Post 13955739)
I got the answer from Optiontown : when being upgraded through them on a Air Baltic flight Baltic miles corresponding to economic fare are credited.

I've done 5 OT upgrades on BT. So far, none of the original flights was credited automatically. Retro claim did work. I got economy miles.

vilntrav May 15, 2010 8:22 am

Originally Posted by dabee69 (Post 13960424)
I've done 5 OT upgrades on BT. So far, none of the original flights was credited automatically. Retro claim did work. I got economy miles.

Thanks. When doing retroclaims did you state your original "economy class" booking, or tried to get through writing on the formular you were "business" ?

freeman_swe May 20, 2010 10:06 am

Hi,

Im organizing a business trip to New York and since the whole group is flying in economy i thought I should try OT for myself.

Is it possible to only upgrade myself if I book all of us on the same ticket?

Br
Niclas

dabee69 May 20, 2010 10:52 am

Originally Posted by vilntrav (Post 13962275)
Thanks. When doing retroclaims did you state your original "economy class" booking, or tried to get through writing on the formular you were "business" ?

I've done retro claim in several different ways. They are very strict and I always got economy miles, even if the only thing I sent was C boarding pass.

That makes me think that they do have access to the actual ticket details. Therefore, asking for a boarding pass could be a hope that maybe they will not have to register miles in case it's lost.

dabee69 May 20, 2010 10:59 am

Originally Posted by freeman_swe (Post 13992430)
Hi,

Im organizing a business trip to New York and since the whole group is flying in economy i thought I should try OT for myself.

Is it possible to only upgrade myself if I book all of us on the same ticket?

Br
Niclas

No. See #2.

UTo Rules

1) Upon completing UTo Sign-up, you
a. cannot opt out of the UTo program and cannot change any of the selected UTo Class;
b. authorize Optiontown to upgrade you, at the sole discretion of Optiontown; and
c. have agreed to pay UTo Sign-up Price and Upgrade Price. UTo Sign-up Price is Non-Refundable. If
you are not upgraded to the selected class in a flight by Optiontown, Upgrade Price for that flight will be
automatically refunded within 5 business days after the flight departure.

2) In the event Optiontown upgrades you to any of the selected UTo Class,
a. you will be entitled to all the facilities associated with your UTo Class except Baltic miles (miles will
be allocated as per the Economy Class);
b. all passengers in a booking reference number (PNR) shall be upgraded together; and
c. you will be informed about the upgrade on the email address provided by you.

3) You need to contact your airline if you desire to make changes or if your airline makes any changes to
your flight before/after Optiontown upgrades you. In all such cases, normal policies of your airline shall
apply. In the event you make any changes in your itinerary, Optiontown may choose not to upgrade you.

freeman_swe May 21, 2010 4:41 am

Is 172€ a good price for upgrading from economy to economy extra?
Will it become cheaper if I wait?

It also says "High upgrade chance"

Mvh
Niclas

jth May 21, 2010 5:59 am

Originally Posted by freeman_swe (Post 13997008)
Is 172€ a good price for upgrading from economy to economy extra?
Will it become cheaper if I wait?

It also says "High upgrade chance"

Mvh
Niclas

Well, compared to paying the fare difference between a B-class and an el cheapo T-class economy ticket, i think 172€ is fairly good value. The Economy-to-business upgrades are almost the same price as the difference up to Z-class, so i don't find them as attractive.
Some people have reported upgrade price falling 10-20% a few days before departure.
I have an upcoming CPH-PEK trip when the upgrade price to Ec Extra is 156€ at the moment so i have not booked any upgrade yet, but will monitor changes.

freeman_swe May 21, 2010 7:20 am

Thanks for the information.

I know a few of you guys have access to seat information and maybe you can help me.

I will fly ARN-EWR on 2 june, sk903 and back home EWR-ARN on 7 june, sk904.
If will use optiontown for one of these and hope to get bump-up on the other one.

On which of the flights do I have the biggest chance of being upgraded for free?

Br
Niclas

ILS2 May 21, 2010 7:33 am

Originally Posted by freeman_swe (Post 13997544)
On which of the flights do I have the biggest chance of being upgraded for free?

Definitely SK 903 on June 2nd. Only two seats that has not been pre-reserved in Economy, which usually means they will be oversold in M. That will lead to op-ups to Y+, which in turn means op-ups from Y+ to C. This has happened to me many times now, especially around holidays.

On SK 904 on June 7th, Business Class actually comes up as sold out(!), so little or no chance for an upgrade to C at the moment.