Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by larsidar
Got the upgrade to Z. 60 hours before the flight, confirmed by SAS but not Optiontown....yet.
Don't count you will get a confirmation from Opotion, last time I was upgrade CPH-BKK and BKK-CPH I was just sent a new e-ticket from SAS on each flight. Then I called SAS to make a seat request in the updraded cabin. But no problem, it worked like a charm.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 5:56 pm

How do seat assignments work with OT ?

We are a family of 5 and have A/B and A/B behind it and C across the aisle. Since 3 of the 5 are 10 years and under, we want to be seated together (preferably with a window!). How will that work ?

I don't want to upgrade and then get stinky seats... would defeat the purpose of upgrading. I do not believe all seats are created equal.

Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:58 pm

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by surfmom
How do seat assignments work with OT ?

We are a family of 5 and have A/B and A/B behind it and C across the aisle. Since 3 of the 5 are 10 years and under, we want to be seated together (preferably with a window!). How will that work ?

I don't want to upgrade and then get stinky seats... would defeat the purpose of upgrading. I do not believe all seats are created equal.

After you are upgraded you can call SAS to secure preferable seat assignments. You can also log onto Lufthansa's webpage, access your SAS booking, and change seats online w/o having to call SAS. The changes should be confirmed on checkmytrip.com shortly after that (possibly up to 24hr).
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:56 am

Kro, thanks for the information! Much appreciated!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: EB*G
Originally Posted by KroFlyer
You can also log onto Lufthansa's webpage, access your SAS booking, and change seats online w/o having to call SAS.
Actually, this can be made on the SAS website now as well under the "My Reservations" menu, using the Amadeus 6-digit confirmation code.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by caravaca
Actually, this can be made on the SAS website now as well under the "My Reservations" menu, using the Amadeus 6-digit confirmation code.
Yes, this works great on sas.no/dk/se, but I could not get flysas.com to pull up an upcoming reservation without going through checkmytrip.com. However this is much better than it used to be!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: EB*G
Optiontown: Congratulations to your Economy>Business upgrade on SK944 ORD-CPH tomorrow!

So that makes it 50% on this trip as I did not score the Y upgrade on my way here last Sunday.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 6:48 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I got a M to Y upgrade for both me and my girlfriend for CPH-DXB tomorrow! The cost was 140€ + 5€ per person.

Did the seat assingment on Lufthansa's webpage, and also noticed that the upgrade had erased the special meal order for my gf! Luckily the LH page is so good that I could order it back

Now just hoping for an op-up to C.. (I know chances are slim due to the special meal)
Old Feb 21, 2011, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by niksal
I got a M to Y upgrade for both me and my girlfriend for CPH-DXB tomorrow! The cost was 140€ + 5€ per person.

Now just hoping for an op-up to C.. (I know chances are slim due to the special meal)
Congrats! And good luck on the op-up to C. Hopefully we'll be as lucky as you for our CPH-IAD flight on saturday (as the entire flight is zeroed out for availability). Have a nice trip!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Cool

I was Recently upgraded on blue1 for my hel-tll-hel flight, thought it was a fair deal for the extra services for 35€ per flight, but boy was i wrong, i was told lounge was only exluded on scandinavian and domestic flights but now they told me at the airport that also tallinn is exluded, the supervisor said its the same as a domestic flight, i did not know finland annexed estonia allready....

What do they think is the point in a upgrade price for a 30 minute flight thats 1€ per minute!

I give up on sas/blue1. They have lost touch.... Not like there is a single customer service employee of blue1 at the airport only outsourced ppl . Oh well bad streak with sas continues will just keep my business with LH when possible and the boat when not
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:50 am

Got new e-ticket this morning telling me me(EBG)+wife(EBG)+bro-in-law's (N/A) UTO upgrade to Y cleared. Went in to reserve seats an there are only single seats scattered around Y on our flight CPH-IAD on Saturday. Flight is still zeroed out in all classes according to flightstats.

Does anyone think that not reserving seats will give us a better chance for an op-up to C? Or should we reserve seperated seats now in order to avoid possibly getting stuck in one of the middle seats? SAS has a note in our reservation that we are on seperate bookings but are travelling together.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 5:35 am

just wanted to report that the best way to score a M to Y op-up seems to be to travel with small children. Counted 6 kids under school age in Y,all of them wondering why they were sitting in "business class". Was a bit worried and disappointed as I had hoped for a peaceful flight, but then I noticed a screaming infant in C as well so a futher OT upgrade wouldn't have helped.The kids in Y behaved well, so no problem, but I think it's an interesting upgrade-policy. Probably has to do with the available places for the bassinetts for the babies.

Last edited by niksal; Feb 26, 2011 at 8:07 am Reason: spelling mistake
Old Feb 26, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Originally Posted by niksal
just wanted to report that the best way to score a M to Y op-up seems to be to travel with small children. Counted 6 kids under school age in 3,all of them wondering why they were sitting in "business class". Was a bit worried and disappointed as I had hoped for a peaceful flight, but then I noticed a screaming infant in C as well so a futher OT upgrade wouldn't have helped.The kids in Y behaved well, so no problem, but I think it's an interesting upgrade-policy. Probably has to do with the available places for the bassinetts for the babies.
My experience is that more and more parents with kids decide to book Business Class (or use points for upgrade) in order to reduce the stress of travel. I highly doubt that SAS will upgrade families with children just because they have kids with them. Either one (or both) parent(s) must have status, or they have used points at the gate.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by ILS2
My experience is that more and more parents with kids decide to book Business Class (or use points for upgrade) in order to reduce the stress of travel. I highly doubt that SAS will upgrade families with children just because they have kids with them. Either one (or both) parent(s) must have status, or they have used points at the gate.
In this case there was across the entire first row in Y a Norwegian family (seemed to be 2 sisters with their husbands and babies) where they obviously had been op-uped. Don't know about statuses.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by tourist
That is a very interesting question, please let me know if you find out! We have had reports here that CO gives miles only for the original booking class.
Reporting in: Flew Tallinn-Helsinki-Stockholm, Optiontown upgraded on HEL-ARN on Blue1, crediting to Bmi Diamond Club.

Got zero miles TLL-HEL (Im used to send in boarding passes to Bmi).
Got 1200 miles (biz) HEL-ARN (actuallty surprised that this did credit, since my flights usually dont credit to Bmi without the old "send in retro claim")

Warning for seat 1F in those planes, is is a narrow 3-seater with no middle seat block. Dissapointed actually, but the red whine was nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.