FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1041467-optiontown-com-paid-upgrades-sas.html)

UltraRant Feb 21, 2015 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by munnifar (Post 24390667)
You said you got upgraded for a low fee on OT SFO-CPH - How low was that ? We are going late march 2015 and the Price tag os EUR 425 each.

Did you buy your OT well in advance ?

Thanks in advane

Is that for plus or business? For business it's a 'normal' price, yet not rock bottom, for Plus it's quite a stiff one.

I booked well ahead, about half a year in advance. I also requested OptionTown over half a year in advance.

I sent you a pm with further details.

SK2751 Mar 1, 2015 11:08 am

I am on shorthaul GO ticket with an OT bid on Wednesday. I wonder if the flight will take place, and if I am rerouted, I wonder what will happen with OT upgrade, especially if it clears. Exciting :D

UltraRant Mar 1, 2015 12:10 pm

Sounds like a very interesting case. Please keep us updated on the progress. And I keep my fingers crossed for you that the original flights just goes on. :)

fassy Mar 1, 2015 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by wazow (Post 24435106)
I am on shorthaul GO ticket with an OT bid on Wednesday. I wonder if the flight will take place, and if I am rerouted, I wonder what will happen with OT upgrade, especially if it clears. Exciting :D

Had that once on a long haul. Flight was cancelled after OT upgrade cleared and I was rerouted on UA in Y. OT refunded the bid price within the week.

SK2751 Mar 2, 2015 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 24436185)
Had that once on a long haul. Flight was cancelled after OT upgrade cleared and I was rerouted on UA in Y. OT refunded the bid price within the week.

The upgrade just cleared, but the strike situation indicates that I won't have the chance to test it. :) or :(? ;)

AirportGeekCPH Mar 3, 2015 4:07 am

Twice I have faced IROPS with a confirmed OT upgrade (not due to strikes, simply delayed flights out of CPH) and both times the upgrade carried over to the re-route.

First instance (September 2013) was Go upgraded to Plus originally CPH>IAD>DEN and changed to CPH>ORD>DEN. This was handled by customer care in the morning when I got the SMS informing me about the delay of CPH>IAD.

Second instance (May 2014) was Go upgraded to Plus originally CPH>EWR>SAN and changed to CPH>IAD>SAN. Customer care refused to do anything about it in the morning when I got the SMS informing me about the delay of CPH>EWR despite a very tight (but legal) connection in EWR on the original itinerary. The message was "but it might be moved back to it's original departure time"... yeah, right :rolleyes:
En-route to the airport, I got an email with an updated itinerary, courtesy of "Revenue Management" as I recall. I never found out if the customer care agent realised it was a silly answer or if someone else were pro-active.

All-in-all it worked out well for me each time with the upgrades rolling over and minimal delay in reaching my final destination.

UltraRant Mar 3, 2015 4:51 am

About short haul upgrades. I have two flights tomorrow and both of them got upgraded to Plus. :) This was 50 euro well spent, as it still goes for the old points.

fassy Mar 3, 2015 7:05 am

@AirportGeek

This only works if you are rebooked SK -> SK. If you are rebooked on another carrier you will most likely get the originally booked fare.

One of my colleagues was lucky once and was rebooked in LX C from an Option Town upgrade from Y to C. I guess this only happend because the outstation in Asia just saw the Z fare on his BP and assumed it was a generic business booking.

Jonasdk Mar 4, 2015 8:09 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 24445902)
@AirportGeek

This only works if you are rebooked SK -> SK. If you are rebooked on another carrier you will most likely get the originally booked fare.

One of my colleagues was lucky once and was rebooked in LX C from an Option Town upgrade from Y to C. I guess this only happend because the outstation in Asia just saw the Z fare on his BP and assumed it was a generic business booking.

Yes this is exactly what will happen as they can still see the old booking class in their system. I found out the hard way in January with a delayed United flight that made me miss my ORD-CPH flight which I had been upgraded to Business on. The first agent rebooked me in Plus on SFO-CPH but after a night in SFO I had been rebooked in GO on ORD-CPH with a United flight to ORD. Very confusing and a bit stressful trip home.
Luckily I ended up in Business anyway. :D

UltraRant Mar 5, 2015 12:20 am

Luckily there wasn't strike at SAS yesterday, so no chance to try the above myself.

DY had cancelled all domestic flights in Norway, so you can imagine the chaos at OSL... It was relatively quiet at security and airside though...

helosc Mar 6, 2015 12:06 am

I have just tried the Optiontown Upgrade intra-Europe for the first time.
It's now cleared.
I could choose a seat for free on SAS.dk but my booking still says SAS GO.

Optiontown informs me that I have to bring a print-out of the email, why is that?
(I am normally flying paperless as I print boarding passes in the self-service kiosks).
I am assuming that my boarding pass will say PLUS (does it?), so I can't see the need for a print out ( I am Silver so I need a PLUS ticket to access fast track and lounge ).

UltraRant Mar 6, 2015 12:46 am

Originally Posted by helosc (Post 24463330)
I have just tried the Optiontown Upgrade intra-Europe for the first time.
It's now cleared.
I could choose a seat for free on SAS.dk but my booking still says SAS GO.

Optiontown informs me that I have to bring a print-out of the email, why is that?
(I am normally flying paperless as I print boarding passes in the self-service kiosks).
I am assuming that my boarding pass will say PLUS (does it?), so I can't see the need for a print out ( I am Silver so I need a PLUS ticket to access fast track and lounge ).

Congrats on your first short haul upgrade. :)

The mail from UTo by default reads to bring a printed copy. If you manage to check in online in the upgraded booking class, then there's no real need to. I actually am too lazy to even bother printing it and no one ever refused to get me in the proper seat.

You may just have to wait a little for the booking to be changed in SAS' IT systems. If it hasn't changed before you can check in (never happened to me), you may bring a printed copy.

Boarding passes should show Plus and your new booking class, for example CA, so you should have no trouble getting into fast tracks and lounges.

helosc Mar 6, 2015 12:53 am

Thank you very much.
Yes I had to try the optiontown now that it is available on intra-European flights.
I'll wait and see what happens then.

fassy Mar 7, 2015 9:15 am

Hmm, is OT working for you at the moment? Looking up the next PNR just shows an endless page loading loop...

helosc Mar 7, 2015 10:56 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 24469945)
Hmm, is OT working for you at the moment? Looking up the next PNR just shows an endless page loading loop...

Just checked and is not working - endless loading loop.