Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Napa Valley Trip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:14 pm

Places to Stay

My husband and myself go annually with some friends to do a weekend trip to celebrate my husbands birthday and we are originally from northern calif but reside in Las Vegas at this time. I can recommend "Inn at Sonoma" ask for a "cottage room" in Sonoma, not far from Napa or "Lavender" a Bed & breakfast in Yountville.
Restaraunts: Domaine Chandon, Hurley's, Bouchon, Tra Vigne all fairly close to Sonoma/Napa/Yountville.
SFO is not a long drive, fairly close.
Winery's - Sterling, Chateu t Jean, Clos du Bois, Ferrari Carano, Gloria Ferrer Caves, Ledson, Sebastiani, Ravenswood

Have a great time, Kris
Old Aug 13, 2008, 7:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks All,

My Napa trip is fast approaching and I still havent' booked the hotel yet!
I have narowed it down to the following 2 hotels in Yountville:

Villagio
Vintage Inn.

It seems they are just next to each other? Which one would u recommend?
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Just came back from the Napa Trip and wanted to give a quick update on the how things went.

I stayed at both the Villagio and Vintage Inn (as they didn't have rooms for 1 night).

Overall it was an OK stay but I really think it is not worth the 450 USD price tag!!

The Villagio is better than the Vintage Inn (newer, better facilities in the room - LCD TV, cleaner)

The issues I have:

1) Lack of proper bedding (no duvet - just a cheap motel blanket/towel blanket thingy in both Villagio and Vintage Inn)
2) Dirty Beddding and room at the Vintage Inn (incl. insects everywhere)
3) Dark and old looking rooms in the Vintage Inn
4) Quality of breakfast is prettty average at both. We actually bought stuff at the Bouchon Bakery on the third day.

Yountville is a nice little town, however didn't get into French Laundry.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, SPG Gold, HH, Marriott Silver, Delta, United, TSA Prechk/GE
This was a really helpful thread for planning my own Napa trip over Labor Day weekend - thanks everyone!

FWIW, we ended up staying at Carneros Inn (VERY pricey, but well worth it), and had dinners at:
Julia's Kitchen, COPIA (Napa)
Ubuntu (Napa)
Ad Hoc (Yountville)

We made all the reservations on opentable.com a couple weeks in advance. Loved all the dinners - they were different and unique and so very tasty.

We only managed to make it to about 5-6 wineries over 3 days, and only in Napa, due to side trips to Pt. Reyes National Seashore on one day and the mud baths at Indian Springs in Calistoga on another, which sucked us in for half a day, literally! (We loved it, but it is not for spa newbies...)

Will post a trip report in a separate thread - or PM me if anyone has any questions about any of the above!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.