Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

visiting in-laws in piedmont over christmas...where should we stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

visiting in-laws in piedmont over christmas...where should we stay?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2007, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by cblaisd
My bad. I meant Berkeley. It was the thought of all that massaging that addled me.
I forgive you for your temporary lapse of mainland geography. I know that many Americans no longer have maps Now, back to the OP - I would recommend not staying on the other side of the Caldecott Tunnel (Lafayette, Walnut Creek, etc.) and no further the other way than Emeryville. If you are Priceline savvy (I am not), and you don't care about points, etc., it should not be too hard to narrow down the "top hotels" in the area, as the cornucopia of opulent splendor in the Oakland area is unspeakable
Old Sep 8, 2007, 9:27 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would tend to disrecommend the Claremont based on the service and food I've experienced there. Parking lot often overly jammed due to meeting functions as well. Haven't seen a room, but based on the public spaces, I can't imagine the rooms would contain "all modern conveniences."

Last edited by RichardInSF; Sep 9, 2007 at 11:17 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 9, 2007, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I forgive you for your temporary lapse of mainland geography. I know that many Americans no longer have maps Now, back to the OP - I would recommend not staying on the other side of the Caldecott Tunnel (Lafayette, Walnut Creek, etc.) and no further the other way than Emeryville. If you are Priceline savvy (I am not), and you don't care about points, etc., it should not be too hard to narrow down the "top hotels" in the area, as the cornucopia of opulent splendor in the Oakland area is unspeakable
thanks for all the responses!

despite, ahem, not having a map of san francisco (or south africa, and such, iraq, for our children's future ) i rather feel the same way about the tunnel, but for mr kk it's less onerous to go through the tunnel than drive to/from emeryville. i had rather hoped for hilton or hyatt points, but am priceline savvy--which is why we've stayed at the radisson in the past. (there's also a conveniently located beverages and more, which is especially handy when dealing with holidays and in-laws.) as you correctly point out, the panoply of fabulous hotels in/near oakland is truly mind-boggling.

since we may not be getting points anyway, i'll likely check out the b&b as well, thanks squeakr.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
update

in a surprisingly convenient bit of good timing, i got an email today from marriott for a discount on an upcoming stay...the renaissance clubsport comes in at $119 a night for the dates we'll be in town, and it's cancellable. can't beat that. ^

thanks again for all the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.