Wiki Posts
Search

OAK long term parking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Club Platinum
OAK long term parking

OAK-DEN was half the price of my usual SFO-DEN or SJC-DEN, so I'm trying out OAK for the first time in eons.

Can someone suggest the best/most cost effective OAK long-term parking option?

Thanks!
llamaa likes this.

Last edited by TrainingMiles; Aug 4, 2007 at 11:44 am
Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:49 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I haven't flown out of OAK this year, but here's where I've parked in the past (3A rate is $7.60 a day):
http://www.expressoparking.com/

BART also offers long term parking at a number of stations for $5 a day. I haven't had the need to use that as I park at a friend's home near BART when I'm going over a few days:
http://bart.gov/guide/parking/longterm.asp
Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by tom911
I haven't flown out of OAK this year, but here's where I've parked in the past (3A rate is $7.60 a day):
http://www.expressoparking.com/

BART also offers long term parking at a number of stations for $5 a day. I haven't had the need to use that as I park at a friend's home near BART when I'm going over a few days:
http://bart.gov/guide/parking/longterm.asp
Don't forget to add BART fare and $3 each way for the bus from BART to the airport.

I use Park'n'fly on my occasional OAK trips. It isn't the cheapest (and maybe not even the best anymore) but I have a frequent parker card there. Espresso will save you a few $ a day over PNF.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Club Platinum
Thanks, tom911! I'll try out expressoparking AAA rate.

I know I had seen this in the forum before, but our forum search tools won't allow 3 letter words, like airport codes!
Old Aug 4, 2007, 5:47 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
OAK Parking

I've had reliable service from the off-site Fasttrack lots (PCA was former name). Go to their web site and look for coupons, especially at their Pardee lot. This is a much better deal than the over-priced on-site "Economy" lot and just as close to OAK.
Old May 11, 2008, 10:57 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
http://www.expressoparking.com/.....
i hate to bump an almost year old thread but i have a quick overnight m/r ex-oak coming up and i have two questions on espresso parking's location and travel time to oak....

davis street in san leandro seems "far from oak" based on my travels down 880 south from sfo?

how long is their shuttle travel time to the airport?

also, the daily coupon is now 6.95/ day
Old May 11, 2008, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by goalie
davis street in san leandro seems "far from oak" based on my travels down 880 south from sfo?
I did fly out of OAK this year again on a MR and parked there again. Once you're off the freeway and onto their lot on Doolittle, it's only about 10 minutes to the airport, as you're probably a good mile or more off the freeway exit, and you head north quite a bit, so you do regain some of the distance.

I've never seen any traffic delays on Doolittle, and it intersects with the airport access road and you'll get right over there. The only delays might be on the airport access road, and anyone driving in is going to hit those.
Old May 11, 2008, 11:42 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I did fly out of OAK this year again on a MR and parked there again. Once you're off the freeway and onto their lot on Doolittle, it's only about 10 minutes to the airport, as you're probably a good mile or more off the freeway exit, and you head north quite a bit, so you do regain some of the distance.

I've never seen any traffic delays on Doolittle, and it intersects with the airport access road and you'll get right over there. The only delays might be on the airport access road, and anyone driving in is going to hit those.
thanks and now that most of the construction/destruction on the access roads (not the airport itself is done, i haven't had any traffic problems either.

i've usually parked at one of the lots off hegenberger (whichever was cheaper and i had a coupon ) and espresso's price of $6.95 "ain't bad" so for an 8pm flight, park at 5:45/6pm right?.

also, i assume it's like all the other lots where their shuttles do continuous loops ro do you need to call upon arriving back at oak
Old May 11, 2008, 1:21 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
In off-peak times, you can be at OAK from Espresso in about 5-7 mins. Sometimes, there's a wait for the shuttle to leave the Espresso building. No need to call unless you arrive very late around midnite and before about 5 AM.
Old May 11, 2008, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
In off-peak times, you can be at OAK from Espresso in about 5-7 mins. Sometimes, there's a wait for the shuttle to leave the Espresso building. No need to call unless you arrive very late around midnite and before about 5 AM.
thank you ^ and one last question (you'd think i'm a rookie, huh? ).....best to make a reservation or not?
Old May 11, 2008, 3:19 pm

I've never made a reservation. Guess the only time I'd even consider that would be a big holiday weekend.
Old May 12, 2008, 7:40 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Other points about Expresso:
  • close to a Costco that has a gas station (use Google Maps to see)
  • Sometimes their shuttle doesn't come as often as I'd like.
  • Coffee is terrible
  • has a couple of stand alone payment kiosks that are kinda slow, but often better than standing in line to pay

I use their outside self-park each week. The transit time to/from the airport is short, as people have said.
Old May 12, 2008, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by rjh
Other points about Expresso:
  • close to a Costco that has a gas station (use Google Maps to see)
  • Sometimes their shuttle doesn't come as often as I'd like.
  • Coffee is terrible
  • has a couple of stand alone payment kiosks that are kinda slow, but often better than standing in line to pay

I use their outside self-park each week. The transit time to/from the airport is short, as people have said.
thank you.....
  • gas: i use chevron
  • airport shuttle: i'm old school and will always arrive the airport (or parking lot) a full two hours early so no worries here
  • coffee: can it be worth than starbucks <ducking>
  • waiting in line: as you know, f/t'er's don't wait in line, right?
thanks again and i'll report back on june 1st
Old May 12, 2008, 9:39 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I use the valet indoor parking at Expresso. I believe that's the only option that gives a frequent parker program so essentially every eighth day is free.

While this is considerably more than the outdoor parking rates, I only compare it to the self-park indoor as I wouldn't park outside. When looking at it that way - with one giving the free day after a week and the other not - the valet can be a relative bargain. My car is always right there waiting for me, I'm the first in line to pay ...and they put water bottles in your car when you return.

Also ...website says 8 minutes to the airport.
Old May 12, 2008, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Another vote for Expresso. I've used the other ones, but they just don't match up service-wise and most are more costly. I rarely have to wait more than 5 minutes for an Expresso shuttle (from the lot - which is more important than on arrival (which sometimes approaches 10min on Sunday eve).

The current price is $9.95/day outdoors, less 10% AAA discount, less $5 coupon (see OAK parking thread in WN forum for details). Always quicker and often cheaper than BART depending on the length of your stay and number of passengers.

The 24 hour rate at the OAK "daily lot" is $22 - I'll use it when I'm doing a same-day return trip as the time savings is worth the extra cost since the walk from your car to the terminal is only 5 minutes.

FYI - the "VIP" lot is actually closest to Costco, Starbucks and the cheapo gas, but the vans are unrealiable and tend to run overcapacity on Sunday eve.

Last edited by Boraxo; Jun 6, 2008 at 11:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.