Reload this Page >

Delta to discontinue OAK-LAX service

Delta to discontinue OAK-LAX service

Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
OAK flights save a lot of ground transportation time for anyone living east of the San Francisco Bay.
Yes, and even more important to me is that OAK presents almost no risk of unusually bad traffic that causes me to miss a flight. I can steer around that in the East Bay, but I can't steer around the Bay Bridge.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
Yes, and even more important to me is that OAK presents almost no risk of unusually bad traffic that causes me to miss a flight. I can steer around that in the East Bay, but I can't steer around the Bay Bridge.
Oh yes you can, and that causes even more tsuris when you find out the only possible way to make your flight is to go down to the San Mateo Bridge. I've done it a couple of times.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Oh yes you can, and that causes even more tsuris when you find out the only possible way to make your flight is to go down to the San Mateo Bridge. I've done it a couple of times.
Maybe, but that's a lot of extra distance, and if the Bay Bridge is a mess, good chance thousands of others are also diverting to the San Mateo Bridge.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe, but that's a lot of extra distance, and if the Bay Bridge is a mess, good chance thousands of others are also diverting to the San Mateo Bridge.
It sure is. Once, many years ago, the Bay Bridge was as good as shut, I had to drive down and around to the SM bridge, park @ short term, and I got to the plane just about when boarding commenced.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:27 am
Original Poster

It sure is. Once, many years ago, the Bay Bridge was as good as shut, I had to drive down and around to the SM bridge, park @ short term, and I got to the plane just about when boarding commenced.
Many years ago, I committed my one and only carpool lane violation. Traffic approaching the Bay Bridge was horrific. I looked at the clock, looked at the carpool bypass at the toll plaza, and I chose the criminal path. Luckily for me, no CHP waiting to count passengers on the other side. Just barely made my SFO flight.

There, I confessed it.
squeakr likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many years ago, I committed my one and only carpool lane violation. Traffic approaching the Bay Bridge was horrific. I looked at the clock, looked at the carpool bypass at the toll plaza, and I chose the criminal path. Luckily for me, no CHP waiting to count passengers on the other side. Just barely made my SFO flight.

There, I confessed it.
Say three Hail Caltrans and you're good
dhuey likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Say three Hail Caltrans and you're good
Not to mention being grateful for the corpus delicti rule.
squeakr likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.