Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

restaurant vax requirement for kids?

Old Dec 24, 2021, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

We will be visiting SF and were wondering whether the proof of vax requirement to enter restaurants extends to children as well. My wife and I are vaccinated but my 11 year old not (yet).
And: Is the EU digital certificate routinely accepted?
Thanks
Old Dec 25, 2021, 12:16 am

Programs: AA,UA,AS
Proof of vaccination for restaurants is currently required for those 12 and older. Its worth noting that requirements can change given that 5-11 year olds are now eligible to receive vaccination.

The EU digital certificate will work as proof of vaccination. It can be a photo or screenshot. You will also have to show a valid photo ID.
janwillem likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by janwillem
My wife and I are vaccinated but my 11 year old not (yet).
Ah, assuming he/she appears to true to age, I suspect most restaurants are going to be flexible. However, there are a few who are a tad more draconian and will request to see not only photo ID but also the dates of your respective doses. Your QR code should be fine, and I've used something similar in lieu of gov't issued ones, e.g., QR codes from Clear & Walgreens.

Enjoy SF!
janwillem likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Friends who were just visiting from Spain had no issues with a print of their EU proof.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
A lot of Sf restaurants require vax if qualified age. The 5-11 can get vax. You might consider phoning else at worst, get carryout.
Many will require id to match vax.
enjoy your visit. Which restaurants? Anyway it’ll be ymmv
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:33 am
Original Poster

I reached out to The Progress where we have a reservation. They confirmed proof of vax required for 12 and above so OK for my son.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I reached out to The Progress where we have a reservation. They confirmed proof of vax required for 12 and above so OK for my son.
hope you enjoyed - I love their bathroom and only went in 2015. I like state bird a bit more. Its also just that there are so many restaurants in Sf so I dont return to many expensive places because I try others. All good.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaobest
hope you enjoyed - I love their bathroom and only went in 2015. I like state bird a bit more. It’s also just that there are so many restaurants in Sf so I don’t return to many expensive places because I try others. All good.
The Progress was pleasant. Good environment and service was not pushy. I would not recommend the restaurant to picky eaters as the flavors can be bold and it is not a minimalist cuisine, lots of ingredients used. For me the stars were the veggie dishes: cauliflower, carrots. Truly excellent. Check came out not too pricey. Then again we did not order wine. Wine prices in US restaurants always let my (European) heart stop for a few seconds when I read the menu.

And to come back to my original question: We are nearing the end of our 8 night leisure stay, covering 3 hotels and a number of restaurants. My 11 year old son was allowed in each and every time without proof of vax. Also there were no ID checks which we would not have minded of course.

Last edited by janwillem; Jan 5, 2022 at 1:29 pm
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Progress was pleasant. Good environment and service was not pushy. I would not recommend the restaurant to picky eaters as the flavors can be bold and it is not a minimalist cuisine, lots of ingredients used. For me the stars were the veggie dishes: cauliflower, carrots. Truly excellent. Check came out not too pricey. Then again we did not order wine. Wine prices in US restaurants always let my (European) heart stop for a few seconds when I read the menu.

And to come back to my original question: We are nearing the end of our 8 night leisure stay, covering 3 hotels and a number of restaurants. My 11 year old son was allowed in each and every time without proof of vax. Also there were no ID checks which we would not have minded of course.
big yay
if you get wine, hopefully its California wine. That said, draft beers are good. As are cocktails. Alcohol is the main profit center for a USA restaurant.
did you dine at waterbar? They check id when I ate there in September. Progress neighbor State bird provisions checked id when we were there in December on a Saturday. Its also possible that id check is done on certain days?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaobest
big yay
if you get wine, hopefully its California wine. That said, draft beers are good. As are cocktails. Alcohol is the main profit center for a USA restaurant.
did you dine at waterbar? They check id when I ate there in September. Progress neighbor State bird provisions checked id when we were there in December on a Saturday. Its also possible that id check is done on certain days?
Beers and cocktails were indeed good at an acceptable price point. By the way I just got an email form The Progress saying that they and their sister restaurants are temporarily closing up because of the infection rates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.