Wiki Posts
Search

French Laundry Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
The owner of the B&B where I'll be staying told me this is no longer possible as she use to do it for her guests.
so did you Tock it?
did I already say that we enjoyed Singlethread in June - so nice. I’ve not been to FL; our Singlethread co/diners have been to FL.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaobest
so did you Tock it?
did I already say that we enjoyed Singlethread in June - so nice. I’ve not been to FL; our Singlethread co/diners have been to FL.
Yeah when the time comes, that's what I will attempt to do. Certainly not expecting to snag one but I'll give it the ol' college try.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Yeah when the time comes, that's what I will attempt to do. Certainly not expecting to snag one but I'll give it the ol' college try.
Will you eat at any other nice places while there - also FL isn’t exactly close to napa. The lodging benefit means drinking as you wish and then walking back. That’s what we did for Singlethread. Our friends drove as their rental was further and they probably have higher tolerance.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaobest
Will you eat at any other nice places while there - also FL isn’t exactly close to napa. The lodging benefit means drinking as you wish and then walking back. That’s what we did for Singlethread. Our friends drove as their rental was further and they probably have higher tolerance.
Oh definitely, we will be staying in Napa. Planning to eat at Don Giovanni, Mustards and Farmstead.

Any other suggestions?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Oh definitely, we will be staying in Napa. Planning to eat at Don Giovanni, Mustards and Farmstead.

Any other suggestions?
Perhaps a good time to start a Napa/Sonoma dining thread?

David
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Honors Gold
Going to visit the Napa area in February and would be quite interested in dining at the French Laundry. Looks like they open up reservations on the 1st of the month at 10am PST for the next 60 days. And those can be gotten either via phone or online.

Anyone have an idea on what the best strategy is? Is it pure luck or if I try to get it right at the opening, will I generally be successful?
Dredging up an old thread but did you, Sandeep1, have any luck getting a reservation now that it is February? Been keeping my eye on this thread since it is one of the few more current threads on the French Laundry and so I am personally vested in an update . I also just went there for dinner a few days ago. From my experience, getting a reservation was real hard. I tried myself twice on Oct 1st and Nov 1st the second reservations opened, even having an account on Tock already created with credit card saved, with no luck. Even tried calling the AMX platinum concierge line to which they told me they were already booked to help people get a reservation 3 months in advance to when it opens, and it was no guarantee. From everything I have read, apparently a seat for 2 is the hardest to get, and so you might have luck getting a seat for 4 people. (which is what I did, a table for 4). Tock also seems to have a partnership with chase, to which the Chase concierge with the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card was actually successful in getting us a table on the day reservations opened for Feb on Jan 1st. Now that I have been, I can now see why it is so hard to get in, it is really a small place, with only 17 tables.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PinaColada
Dredging up an old thread but did you, Sandeep1, have any luck getting a reservation now that it is February? Been keeping my eye on this thread since it is one of the few more current threads on the French Laundry and so I am personally vested in an update . I also just went there for dinner a few days ago. From my experience, getting a reservation was real hard. I tried myself twice on Oct 1st and Nov 1st the second reservations opened, even having an account on Tock already created with credit card saved, with no luck. Even tried calling the AMX platinum concierge line to which they told me they were already booked to help people get a reservation 3 months in advance to when it opens, and it was no guarantee. From everything I have read, apparently a seat for 2 is the hardest to get, and so you might have luck getting a seat for 4 people. (which is what I did, a table for 4). Tock also seems to have a partnership with chase, to which the Chase concierge with the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card was actually successful in getting us a table on the day reservations opened for Feb on Jan 1st. Now that I have been, I can now see why it is so hard to get in, it is really a small place, with only 17 tables.
I didn't. I ended up scoring a table at Alinea late last year so figured that was my big spend on fine dining
PinaColada likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Honors Gold
I didn't. I ended up scoring a table at Alinea late last year so figured that was my big spend on fine dining
I hear what you are saying! Definitely done eating out for a while!!
Sandeep1 likes this.

Last edited by PinaColada; Feb 10, 2022 at 6:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.