Wiki Posts
Search

Oakland Airport terminal evacuated due to alleged 'suicidal man with knife'

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:43 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Post Oakland Airport terminal evacuated due to alleged 'suicidal man with knife'

OAKLAND, Calif. - Alameda County Sheriff's deputies and other law enforcement agencies descended on the Oakland International Airport early Tuesday morning at Terminal 1.

The Alameda County Sheriff's Department tweeted that a suicidal man with a knife was threatening to harm himself. Spokeswoman Tya Modeste said the man, in his 30s, passed a note to a TSA employee that said "Help me."
Terminal 1 was evacuated beyond the checkpoint.
https://www.ktvu.com/news/flights-co...ort-terminal-1
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:42 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
OAKLAND, Calif. - Terminal 1 at the Oakland International Airport was closed for nearly four hours Tuesday morning after a suicidal man with a knife threatened to harm himself.

But deputies were able to de-escalate the situation by altering the temperature inside the airport and deploying Tasers - not guns - yielding a positive and non-deadly ending to a tense morning.
https://www.ktvu.com/news/deputies-d...erature-tasers

Terminal opened back up just before 10a.m.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.