• https://www.downtownmedical.com/contents/covid-19-testing-price
  • https://www.flysfo.com/travel-well/covid-19-testing
  • https://www.dc3therapeutics.com/schedule-covid19-testing
Print Wikipost

covid, pcr testing near sfo ????

Old Apr 9, 2021, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Has anyone had a covid test through Sutter health? They are now allowing apts. online for testing but don't state what test they are using nor the turn around time. I could just get a test to find out but I hate the idea of wasting resources just to get an answer that should be posted online (and yes I've already contacted them with no one except possibly MD knowing the answer - still awaiting a possible response from the MD team)
Old Apr 16, 2021, 8:44 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Their website states:

Their website states: at Sutter most tests will be conducted by nasal swab. I doubt they are willing to commit to a turnaround time.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Data point - test run -got one done at cvs drive through (San Mateo) on a late Saturday afternoon - got the results in less than 48 hours.
I'm still planning to do 2 before my trip just as a fail safe.
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Further update - got 2 tests (just to be sure)
1) Pixel - sent out for 5 pm express (did test about 45 minutes before) result 28 hours later
2) cvs (first time result took about 36 hours) - now 55 hours and still no results. The most frustrating part is that there is no way of tracking, getting any info - all calls are answered with automated system not possible to talk to a human. Will update when (if) I actually get a result
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by estnet
Further update - got 2 tests (just to be sure)
1) Pixel - sent out for 5 pm express (did test about 45 minutes before) result 28 hours later
2) cvs (first time result took about 36 hours) - now 55 hours and still no results. The most frustrating part is that there is no way of tracking, getting any info - all calls are answered with automated system not possible to talk to a human. Will update when (if) I actually get a result
i don't think pixel is a hawaii trusted covid test partner?
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richiezc
i don't think pixel is a hawaii trusted covid test partner?
I don't know if it is - I used it for Maldives - but it is an unsupervised self test.
DON'T USE CVS - if it's time sensitive - I still have NO RESULTS from my test on the 23rd and no way to contact anyone (my first test was back in about a day and a half).
SamirD likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
We ran across this when flying last month and since my wife needed a 48hr result to fly on LH, we had to use the company recommended by United that's 1 exit away from the airport--covidclinic.org. It wasn't cheap at $399/ea, but they were fast with result in <2hrs I think.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Has anyone tried the Curative test for travel? They are free and readily available and are PCR. My wife and daughter got their results in about 24 hrs when they took a test (not for travel purposes). The results were in the form a PDF file so not sure that's good enough for travel.

We need a test prior to flying to LHR (transiting, but still need PCR test).
SamirD likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mangoMan
Has anyone tried the Curative test for travel? They are free and readily available and are PCR. My wife and daughter got their results in about 24 hrs when they took a test (not for travel purposes). The results were in the form a PDF file so not sure that's good enough for travel.

We need a test prior to flying to LHR (transiting, but still need PCR test).
Not a direct answer but you might consider 2 tests if they don't guarantee time of result. I had tested at cvs to see how long results took and got the results quickly, but when it counted they did not report for over 5 days so I was glad I had done another test or I would not have been allowed on my flight!
mangoMan and SamirD like this.
Old May 13, 2021, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat
Anyone use Worksite labs ? $150 for 12 hour results

https://worksitelabs.com/scheduling
https://www.flysfo.com/media/press-releases/sfo-opens-new-covid-testing-site-available-all-passengers-90

Flying to JRO, pcr required 72hr of arrival, 30hr travel time on qatar makes it tricky.

XpressCheck is suppose to have 30min rt-PCR test, but its not bookable on their site, and they don't answer the phone.
https://airport-world.com/xpresspa-o...r-us-airports/
SamirD likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 11:20 am

For North Bay folks, this might be of interest: https://covidclinic.org/corte-madera/

$0 upfront cost if you take the test for 'peace of mind'.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
For North Bay folks, this might be of interest: https://covidclinic.org/corte-madera/

Thanks! And do you know if a peace of mind test, or one taken if required for work which makes it $0, provides the same document of test results as one that is travel specific?
SamirD likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Thanks! And do you know if a peace of mind test, or one taken if required for work which makes it $0, provides the same document of test results as one that is travel specific?
Sorry, I do not know. We ended up taking a PCR test at one of the Curative test sites, which was also free. We had our results in about 31 hours. Used it to transit LHR and there were no issues.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR

The place is closed during the weekend, and my flight is a Monday morning. I may want to stop by GoHealth in Mill Valley.

Originally Posted by freeagent
I was going to suggest CVS (or Walgreens) as their website says turn around on the PCR is 1-2 days, but I haven't heard of anyone's experience in using them. The CVS in Burlingame is doing the Rapid tests, but unfortunately not a PCR test.
I have no experience with CVS, but some may have recently? Burlingame works nicely for me (Copenhagen Bakery and Cafe!).
SamirD likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vanillabean
The place is closed during the weekend, and my flight is a Monday morning. I may want to stop by GoHealth in Mill Valley.

I have no experience with CVS, but some may have recently? Burlingame works nicely for me (Copenhagen Bakery and Cafe!).
The cvs in San Mateo that does the pcr test is actually really close to Burlingame border. I had test there twice - first time result came through in less than 2 days, the second time it was not reported (or available with signin) for 5 days - but it was reported as being completed in less than 48 hours - there was no way to contact anyone or find out what happened then or after. Had I not had another test I would have missed my flight as I could not show the result when needed. I have met others who had the same problem at other cvs sites and also could not find any way to contact a live person about the IT problem
SamirD likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.