Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Stuck between lounge and narrow check-in

Old Oct 25, 20, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, SK, UR, MR

SK doesnít depart out of SFO often these days, so probably low on both staff and passengers with check-in starting on the short side. Iím wondering if Iíll have time enough to benefit from my UA Club membership. What would you do?
Old Oct 25, 20, 11:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
vanillabean, I don't understand what you're asking. Are you concerned that the time between when you get through security and last call at the gate for boarding would leave you insufficient time to visit the UA Club? If so, what are the time details of that?
Old Oct 26, 20, 12:00 pm

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
What’s time of flight? If UC is open, just arrive earlier at airport.
Old Oct 26, 20, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, SK, UR, MR
Originally Posted by dhuey View Post
vanillabean, I don't understand what you're asking. Are you concerned that the time between when you get through security and last call at the gate for boarding would leave you insufficient time to visit the UA Club? If so, what are the time details of that?
Apparently two hours from standing in line and the check-in counter opening until scheduled departure time. There is of course a connector walkway from G to terminal 3!
Old Oct 26, 20, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by vanillabean View Post
Apparently two hours from standing in line and the check-in counter opening until scheduled departure time. There is of course a connector walkway from G to terminal 3!
Yes, and that airside walkway connecting the F and G Concourses is very important for saving time. I assume you'll check in for your SAS flight in the International Terminal (G side), and then go through G security. Immediately after security, the airside walkway to Terminal 3, F Concourse will be to your right. Take that. United Club is in red, upper-right. Walkway is the thin strip, bottom.

If you have an hour or more before departure after you clear security, I would go to the Club. You'll see that it's not a long walk. Just be careful not to exit security -- use the airside walkway to return to G.

Old Oct 27, 20, 12:39 am

Programs: CA Gold/ UA 1K.. Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by vanillabean View Post
Are you trying to say that you could spend up to 2 hours in line waiting for check in and by the time you do get checked in, the flight is scheduled to depart? Just show up earlier and be the first one in line and you won't need to worry about that.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: