Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Homeless Hotel List

Old Apr 17, 20, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many, but currently grounded.

removed by original poster

Last edited by worldwidedreamer; Apr 21, 20 at 11:45 am Reason: Feel that people heard something different than what I intended to communicate.
Old Apr 17, 20, 2:29 pm
Senior Moderator/Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Not all vacant hotel rooms are being used to shelter the unhoused in San Francisco. Some are being offered to first responders and those working in hospitals and clinics who would otherwise have long commutes.

I understand that it would be up to each hotel's management to what extent to make the hotel available to which populations.
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 18, 20, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I would expect that these would be among the cleanest hotels anywhere after they've been "purged" of those "not paying rack rate."

Pretty much everything the OP is worried about has an OTC remedy available, which means these are "millions have these things" maladies.

I would have no issue in staying anywhere when these hotels return to regular operations.
Brendan, KathyWdrf and rjque like this.
Old Apr 18, 20, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
I’d be wanting a list of hotels who aren’t helping house either the homeless (Which is a wider category than just people on the streets) or essential workers so I could ask them why the heck they aren’t.

And people with homes also get lice, bed bugs and warts and foot fungus.
Brendan and TWA884 like this.
Old Apr 19, 20, 5:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
I'm confident the hotels will be sufficiently cleaned when life returns to normal. As long as I don't have to stay there while the hotel is playing host to the homeless and indigent I don't have an issue with it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: