Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

SFO International connecting to Alaska and United

Old Mar 17, 20, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

My flight lands from Australia into SFO. Then I have to go to Alaska airline. Do I need to exit then go through security again to go to Alaska flight or theres a connecting way without having to go through tsa again. I donít check bag just carry on and have global entry.

My friend on the hand connect with United in T3. Same questions. Thanks guys!
Old Mar 18, 20, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
It’s your first port of entry to the US so you need to go through immigration and then clear security again. Are you sure you’ll be admitted to the US? Are you a citizen? Also, it sounds as though you are on separate tickets, in which case I would recommend at least four hours between flights.
Old Mar 18, 20, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Why? Any travel restriction on Australia that I donít know about? Yes We are USA citizens.

In Seattle, we flew into that airport and go through immigration. Then we could move on to domestic without having to clear tsa security again. Thatís why I was wondering if sfo is the same. Sounds like itís not, we both will have to exit to arrival hall and go through security again after immigration.

It is one ticket not separate tickets.
Old Mar 18, 20, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Ok, you OP was not clear to me. You will of course be readmitted but be prepared for long lines at immigration. Are you aware of the San Francisco lockdown?
Old Mar 18, 20, 11:07 am

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Alas Sfo will require tsa / security AFTER immigration before the connection flight. Alaska Airlines usually is terminal 2; youíd go from immigration in International Terminal to a tram or train to get to T2.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: