Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Best Place to check airport weather & estimates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 9:51 am
Original Poster

SFO is dealing with high winds/low clouds yesterday and today, and while lots of flights are being canceled, it's hard to get an idea of if there are any gaps in this weather for flying conditions (vs. general public info like chances of rain). Anyone have any tips or insights into where to look or when these flights might have a chance at going out? I'm on United currently and they are canceling many of their flights.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Short hops are usually the first to go, especially when the aircraft is scheduled to pass through SFO more than once during the same day. "Gaps" in the weather will only alleviate earlier delays. Long haul jets that need to land will land, and the outbound flights from those aircraft will generally operate.
ryw, dhuey and squeakr like this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Given the conditions and busy travel day, it is surprisingly humane here at SFO. It's not raining right now and the conditions are such that they are still able to do landings on Runway 19L and simultaneous departures on Runways 10L and R so the departure delays aren't that bad.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
FWIW, if you want to check current air traffic control delays/status, goto: https://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

Here's the info as of now for SFO delays and other US airports - probably not so good time to be trying to fly home from Thanksgiving...:

David
Zorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.