Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

International G to Terminal 3

Old Feb 6, 19, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Family is departing on an international flight from SFO on Aer Lingus (SFO-DUB). They depart international Terminal G.

After clearing security in international terminal G, can we all easily walk over via the connector to Terminal 3?

2 of us have Prioirty Pass and would like to use the benefit at either Yankee Pier or SF Giants Clubhouse, both of which are in Terminal 3.

We'd get the food to go, then walk back to our departing gate back in Int'l terminal G

Does the connector linking Int'l G to T3 airside allow you to transfer both ways (back and forth) without clearing security? Or is it one of those one way type of connectors? (int'l to domestic, but not back)

(I realize there is a PP lounge in Int'l A, but looks like I'd have to clear security again to go from Int'l G to Int'l A). would rather just get some food from T3 if I can use my PP benefit.

Somewhat related, I have another flight (Domestic flight on Alaska) leaving from T2. Seems like no lounge or food availability using my PP benefits in T2 ,and not able to go to any of the other terminals since I'd have to clear security again.

Thank you in advance for your responses
Old Feb 6, 19, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by kayexalate View Post
Family is departing on an international flight from SFO on Aer Lingus (SFO-DUB). They depart international Terminal G.

After clearing security in international terminal G, can we all easily walk over via the connector to Terminal 3?

2 of us have Prioirty Pass and would like to use the benefit at either Yankee Pier or SF Giants Clubhouse, both of which are in Terminal 3.

We'd get the food to go, then walk back to our departing gate back in Int'l terminal G

Does the connector linking Int'l G to T3 airside allow you to transfer both ways (back and forth) without clearing security? Or is it one of those one way type of connectors? (int'l to domestic, but not back)
Very easy both ways - just past the security checkpoint, and close to the UA Polaris Lounge Entrance, you'll see a sign. (It will be for Gates 60(ish) to 90). Yankee Pier is the most convenient - it will be on the left, after you pass several close-in gates.
Old Feb 7, 19, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Alternatively, if the security line in Terminal G is long, you can walk over landside and use the checkpoint in Terminal 3. Then once you've hit up the restaurant/s, take the airside path back to Terminal G. If you don't have luggage you can even check-in in Terminal 3. If you do have luggage then I'm not sure if they will accept it there or not.

When heading back, just be careful not to walk past one of the "no re-entry" signs - you need to take a right once you get past gate 75. If you don't take the right you'll end up land-side and have to re-clear security again.

Search this Thread