Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Access Amex Lounge on International Term G while flying out of International A

Old Jun 29, 18, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

I have a flight out of the Internal Terminal A gates. Can I still access the Amex lounge past the G gates with my boarding pass?
Old Jun 29, 18, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Welcome to FlyerTalk, striker1983! Yes, your same-day departure boarding pass will allow you entry into any terminal. A BP checker might tell you that you're entering the wrong terminal, but just explain that you are visiting a lounge.

IMPORTANT: the Amex Centurion Lounge is in Terminal 3F, not International-G. It's very close to the airside hallway connecting T3 to I-G, across from gate 74. You could enter security at I-G and that's a good idea if the line is short. If you do that, make an immediate right turn after security, following the signs to Terminal 3. If the line is long, you might want to make a right turn before security and try your luck at one of the Terminal 3 security points.

Safe travels and enjoy the Centurion Lounge. It's very nice, but often quite crowded. I suggest leaving the lounge no later than 40 minutes before your departure to assure that you get to your International-A gate on time.
Old Jun 29, 18, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Awesome. Thank you for your reply. I'll post here how if I am able to do so tonight.
Old Jul 1, 18, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
And just because dhuey didn't explicitly mention it, you will need to re-clear security in order to get from the Centurion lounge back to International A.

Intl A security can be a real mess depending on the time of day - especially if you don't have priority.

Presuming that you also have a Priority Pass, there you can also access the Air France/KLM lounge in International A. Nowhere near as good as the Amex lounge, but it saves the extra trip through security.
Old Jul 1, 18, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
And just because dhuey didn't explicitly mention it, you will need to re-clear security in order to get from the Centurion lounge back to International A.

Intl A security can be a real mess depending on the time of day - especially if you don't have priority.

Presuming that you also have a Priority Pass, there you can also access the Air France/KLM lounge in International A. Nowhere near as good as the Amex lounge, but it saves the extra trip through security.
Good points. Yes, the Air France/KLM lounge in International-A (the OP's departure terminal) is pretty good. If the OP has access, I'd go with that, unless the OP really wants to see the Centurion Lounge.
Old Jul 16, 18, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your suggestions. We were able to go through security at the G Gates without any issues. We spent a good amount of time in the Amex lounge as our flight was significantly delayed. Later, we went through security at the A gates and visited the Air France/KLM Lounge as well.

Thank you once again.

Search this Thread