FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Francisco (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-francisco-468/)
-   -   Massive food hall to open at SFO featuring Tartine, Kin Khao, Cala (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-francisco/1883427-massive-food-hall-open-sfo-featuring-tartine-kin-khao-cala.html)

Eastbay1K Dec 18, 17 1:27 pm

Massive food hall to open at SFO featuring Tartine, Kin Khao, Cala
 
https://sf.eater.com/2017/12/18/1679...o-airport-food

Manufactory Food Hall will up the ante at the International Terminal this summer

ryw Dec 18, 17 9:24 pm

Any idea if it would be pre or post security? "Near boarding area A" instead of "in boarding area A" makes me think it's pre-security (and that would make it easier to ferry food from the city to the airport multiple times per day). Would it replace the South Food Court pre-security?

TA Dec 19, 17 12:50 am

I imagine it would be the pre-security mirror image of the pre-security G side restaurants that are also undergoing renovation?

jhurwitz Dec 19, 17 1:57 pm


Originally Posted by ryw (Post 29190853)
Any idea if it would be pre or post security?

Post-security, according to the bid document on the city's website. Unfortunately FlyerTalk isn't letting me post URLs because my account is too new, so I can't link to it :)

Interestingly, looks like terminal A is getting 3 new food vendors, all post-security:
  • A 3200 sq ft food hall, replacing the current Coach & Burberry stores
  • A 2000 sq ft historic restaurant, replacing the current Amoura Cafe & US News store
  • A 350 sq ft coffee kiosk, in what looks to be a space not currently occupied by any vendor

KathyWdrf Dec 20, 17 4:55 am


Originally Posted by jhurwitz (Post 29193717)
Post-security, according to the bid document on the city's website. Unfortunately FlyerTalk isn't letting me post URLs because my account is too new, so I can't link to it :)

Interestingly, looks like terminal A is getting 3 new food vendors, all post-security:
  • A 3200 sq ft food hall, replacing the current Coach & Burberry stores
  • A 2000 sq ft historic restaurant, replacing the current Amoura Cafe & US News store
  • A 350 sq ft coffee kiosk, in what looks to be a space not currently occupied by any vendor

Perhaps you could post an edited version of the url, such as "<something> dot <something> dot com."

rob_flies_ua Dec 20, 17 10:27 am


Originally Posted by jhurwitz (Post 29193717)
Post-security, according to the bid document on the city's website. Unfortunately FlyerTalk isn't letting me post URLs because my account is too new, so I can't link to it :)

Interestingly, looks like terminal A is getting 3 new food vendors, all post-security:
  • A 3200 sq ft food hall, replacing the current Coach & Burberry stores
  • A 2000 sq ft historic restaurant, replacing the current Amoura Cafe & US News store
  • A 350 sq ft coffee kiosk, in what looks to be a space not currently occupied by any vendor

S.F. Office of Contract Administration, Bids & Contracts - Bid Document
?

jhurwitz Dec 21, 17 11:39 pm


Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua (Post 29197372)
S.F. Office of Contract Administration, Bids & Contracts - Bid Document
?

Yup, that's it! And elsewhere on that site you can find the RFPs for the other food vendors, too.

jhurwitz May 15, 18 3:47 am


Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 29189081)
Manufactory Food Hall will up the ante at the International Terminal this summer

Signage went up within the past month. I asked a vendor working near the construction site for a projected opening date, and was told October.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...90891017b2.jpg

greggarious May 20, 18 10:35 am

I'd rather they open an El Farolito ;)

(Or any decent taqueria)

It's a pain having to BART to the mission and back on every long layover, heh

Eastbay1K May 20, 18 11:46 am


Originally Posted by greggarious (Post 29774149)
I'd rather they open an El Farolito ;)

(Or any decent taqueria)

It's a pain having to BART to the mission and back on every long layover, heh

Plenty of taquerias in South San Francisco ... one is even called El Farolito ;)

willie--wonka Jul 5, 18 10:18 am

Taco Cala is pretty amazing. Everyone I've ever taken there has made me take them again. The mother resto isn't that impressive

Xlr Jul 10, 18 2:45 am

The international terminal has some good pre-security options as well. They have a Samovar Tea House, and I had some decent tacos near (but outside) G security.

Tartine is next-level in my opinion.

lhrsfo Jul 10, 18 4:11 am


Originally Posted by Xlr (Post 29957275)
The international terminal has some good pre-security options as well. They have a Samovar Tea House, and I had some decent tacos near (but outside) G security.

I had a surprisingly good lunch at Samovar Tea House last month - surprising because it was good and it was in an airport.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:10 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.