FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Francisco (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-francisco-468/)
-   -   Massive food hall to open at SFO featuring Tartine, Kin Khao, Cala (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-francisco/1883427-massive-food-hall-open-sfo-featuring-tartine-kin-khao-cala.html)

Eastbay1K Dec 18, 17 1:27 pm

Massive food hall to open at SFO featuring Tartine, Kin Khao, Cala

https://sf.eater.com/2017/12/18/1679...o-airport-food

Manufactory Food Hall will up the ante at the International Terminal this summer

ryw Dec 18, 17 9:24 pm

Any idea if it would be pre or post security? "Near boarding area A" instead of "in boarding area A" makes me think it's pre-security (and that would make it easier to ferry food from the city to the airport multiple times per day). Would it replace the South Food Court pre-security?

TA Dec 19, 17 12:50 am

I imagine it would be the pre-security mirror image of the pre-security G side restaurants that are also undergoing renovation?

jhurwitz Dec 19, 17 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by ryw (Post 29190853)
Any idea if it would be pre or post security?

Post-security, according to the bid document on the city's website. Unfortunately FlyerTalk isn't letting me post URLs because my account is too new, so I can't link to it :)

Interestingly, looks like terminal A is getting 3 new food vendors, all post-security:
  • A 3200 sq ft food hall, replacing the current Coach & Burberry stores
  • A 2000 sq ft historic restaurant, replacing the current Amoura Cafe & US News store
  • A 350 sq ft coffee kiosk, in what looks to be a space not currently occupied by any vendor

KathyWdrf Dec 20, 17 4:55 am

Originally Posted by jhurwitz (Post 29193717)
Post-security, according to the bid document on the city's website. Unfortunately FlyerTalk isn't letting me post URLs because my account is too new, so I can't link to it :)

Interestingly, looks like terminal A is getting 3 new food vendors, all post-security:
  • A 2000 sq ft historic restaurant, replacing the current Amoura Cafe & US News store
  • A 350 sq ft coffee kiosk, in what looks to be a space not currently occupied by any vendor

Perhaps you could post an edited version of the url, such as "<something> dot <something> dot com."

rob_flies_ua Dec 20, 17 10:27 am

Originally Posted by jhurwitz (Post 29193717)

S.F. Office of Contract Administration, Bids & Contracts - Bid Document
?

jhurwitz Dec 21, 17 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua (Post 29197372)
S.F. Office of Contract Administration, Bids & Contracts - Bid Document
?

Yup, that's it! And elsewhere on that site you can find the RFPs for the other food vendors, too.

jhurwitz May 15, 18 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 29189081)
Manufactory Food Hall will up the ante at the International Terminal this summer

Signage went up within the past month. I asked a vendor working near the construction site for a projected opening date, and was told October.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...90891017b2.jpg

greggarious May 20, 18 10:35 am

I'd rather they open an El Farolito ;)

(Or any decent taqueria)

It's a pain having to BART to the mission and back on every long layover, heh

Eastbay1K May 20, 18 11:46 am

Originally Posted by greggarious (Post 29774149)
I'd rather they open an El Farolito ;)

(Or any decent taqueria)

It's a pain having to BART to the mission and back on every long layover, heh

Plenty of taquerias in South San Francisco ... one is even called El Farolito ;)

willie--wonka Jul 5, 18 10:18 am

Taco Cala is pretty amazing. Everyone I've ever taken there has made me take them again. The mother resto isn't that impressive

Xlr Jul 10, 18 2:45 am

The international terminal has some good pre-security options as well. They have a Samovar Tea House, and I had some decent tacos near (but outside) G security.

Tartine is next-level in my opinion.

lhrsfo Jul 10, 18 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Xlr (Post 29957275)
The international terminal has some good pre-security options as well. They have a Samovar Tea House, and I had some decent tacos near (but outside) G security.

I had a surprisingly good lunch at Samovar Tea House last month - surprising because it was good and it was in an airport.