Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Access to International Terminal with domestic boarding pass (Lounge Access)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Executive Platinum

Flying in and out of SFO in a few weeks and have a priority pass card, but the lounge is in international. Is one able to move freely between terminals at SFO, including domestic and international. I seem to remember different security checkpoints for different terminals, but just read on another thread that one can access International terminal from Terminal 1. I’ll be flying Frontier and it seems that’s where the flights will be arriving/departing.

If no access is permissible, would I be able to go through international security with a domestic boarding pass, then leave the terminal and go through security again at Terminal 1?

As always, thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
(1) You can enter any terminal with a same day BP.
(2) Note the restrictions on PP access (see PP website) for flights not departing the A pier.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(2) Note the restrictions on PP access (see PP website) for flights not departing the A pier.
Has anyone tried to gain access to the Air France lounge with a BP for a flight in a different concourse? I wonder if the agents are enforcing that rule.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

(1) You can enter any terminal with a same day BP.
Interesting - thanks for the heads up. Like the other poster, I’d be interested in knowing if this is being enforced.

Also, good to know terminal access is possible - do you know if it’s possible to move freely between terminals after security, or would it require entry through security for international?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:39 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is an airside connection between terminal 3 and international pier G, but the only way to enter A is through security.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
There is an airside connection between terminal 3 and international pier G, but the only way to enter A is through security.
Thanks Richard - looks like it’s probably not worth the time trying to make it over there.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FrankMorris
Interesting - thanks for the heads up. Like the other poster, I’d be interested in knowing if this is being enforced.
I know people that have done it without issues, even whilst the website PP website said otherwise.

I suspect the comment on the website is more related to the fact that you need to re-clear security to get to any another terminal/gates - although that has been allowed at SFO for a very long time.

Having said that, the AF lounge is nothing special. If you've got time to kill I might consider it, but otherwise I wouldn't consider the extra trips through security to be worth the effort.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by docbert
I know people that have done it without issues, even whilst the website PP website said otherwise.

I suspect the comment on the website is more related to the fact that you need to re-clear security to get to any another terminal/gates - although that has been allowed at SFO for a very long time.

Having said that, the AF lounge is nothing special. If you've got time to kill I might consider it, but otherwise I wouldn't consider the extra trips through security to be worth the effort.
Thanks - I think we’ve come away with the same conclusions - Worth trying if bored, not worth seeking out though. I’ve got a flight to Oakland and was considering rebooking through SFO as OAK has no priority pass destinations, but it doesn’t seem worth the hassle.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by FrankMorris
Thanks - I think we’ve come away with the same conclusions - Worth trying if bored, not worth seeking out though. I’ve got a flight to Oakland and was considering rebooking through SFO as OAK has no priority pass destinations, but it doesn’t seem worth the hassle.
Note that the OAK Escape Lounge is available for AX Plat, and also, has been offering discounted Groupons for admittance (during non-peak hours - verify before purchase).
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Note that the OAK Escape Lounge is available for AX Plat, and also, has been offering discounted Groupons for admittance (during non-peak hours - verify before purchase).
Ah, thanks for the tip. Will have to check out the groupon.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:39 pm

It looks like Mrs. PITUK is flying from Concourse F (UA) and I am flying less than an hour later from Concourse G (AC), both to Vancouver. Is there a lounge that we'd both be able to access? It looks like the PP lounge is out, but maybe the United Club or the 'temporary' lounge in G (I have *G through AC)? If it's worth it at all, is one better than the other? It seems like no security between them based on what's above.

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
There is a passageway between F and G, so no security worries. If you are an AC *G, then, as I understand it, you can access *G lounges, including UA ones, if you have a boarding pass on any *G flight departing that day from that airport. This would mean any of the UA clubs. And you can invite a guest as long as the guest is also carrying a boarding pass for any *G flight departing that airport on that day.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by painintheuk
It looks like Mrs. PITUK is flying from Concourse F (UA) and I am flying less than an hour later from Concourse G (AC), both to Vancouver. Is there a lounge that we'd both be able to access? It looks like the PP lounge is out, but maybe the United Club or the 'temporary' lounge in G (I have *G through AC)? If it's worth it at all, is one better than the other? It seems like no security between them based on what's above.

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Just a heads up, *G can only access the UA clubs in the F/E UA Terminals. The UA club in the G International Terminal are only for F/J passengers.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
If you have an Amex Platinum or Centurion card, you can access the always excellent but usually crowded Centurion lounge between Concourse F and Concourse G.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:56 am

Thanks for the info and the really quick replies! I didn't realize the temporary G lounge was F/J only. With a passageway and an Amex plat I'll try the Centurion lounge in the middle!

Dr. PITUK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.