Search

SW dropping SFO-MKE, no more nonstop to Milwaukee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Now, back to your regularly scheduled "no more nonstops to the #2 dairy state" issue.
I think worldwidedreamer will win the prediction prize: Alaska introduces an RJ nonstop, SFO-MKE. Maybe enough O/D traffic alone to justify the RJ, but AS probably gets some additional connection traffic for the ex-MKE market that Southwest was unable to exploit at SFO.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by dhuey
I think worldwidedreamer will win the prediction prize: Alaska introduces an RJ nonstop, SFO-MKE. Maybe enough O/D traffic alone to justify the RJ, but AS probably gets some additional connection traffic for the ex-MKE market that Southwest was unable to exploit at SFO.
If no nonstop, we are better off driving ord-MKE (and back) as opposed to risking connections. Ok maybe not in Winter; but I've read enough horror stories of bad connections involving ord/MKE.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaobest
If no nonstop, we are better off driving ord-MKE (and back) as opposed to risking connections. Ok maybe not in Winter; but I've read enough horror stories of bad connections involving ord/MKE.
ORD is the worst connection I can imagine for SFO-MKE, and I say that from several very bad experiences. I will never book SFO-ORD-MKE again. Nor will I fly into ORD or MDW and drive to Milwaukee. In a few weeks, I'll make a mainline connection in MSP with Delta. I'll be at the front of the plane in a really old MD-9. I'll take that any day over a puddle-jumper flying out of ORD.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
it's really bad if you are going from a mainline flight to an RJ. You have to walk forever to get to your connection. Leave at least an hour for a connection
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tim34
it's really bad if you are going from a mainline flight to an RJ. You have to walk forever to get to your connection. Leave at least an hour for a connection
Yes, and it's so frustrating at ORD when your connecting flight to MKE is delayed. You're only 85 miles or so from your destination. If you had known there would be a delay, you might have simply rented a car and driven the distance.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
MKE to SAN SFO and SEA

The west coast routes are back for the summer season. Mke-sea seems strange to me as Alaska and Delta are already in the market. I’m flying United this winter from SFO to MKE via DEN one way and ORD the other way. SWA is kinda giving up on MKE like so many other airlines
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Back in the day, Northwest flew mainline nonstops from SFO to MKE, MSN and even IND. Surely a RJ could do the task...
United Airlines adding Appleton-to-Denver and Madison-to-San Francisco flights
https://www.jsonline.com/story/money...ce/1012940001/

For apparently the first time, we'll have nonstop service from SFO to Madison, but not to Milwaukee.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
United Airlines adding Appleton-to-Denver and Madison-to-San Francisco flights
https://www.jsonline.com/story/money...ce/1012940001/

For apparently the first time, we'll have nonstop service from SFO to Madison, but not to Milwaukee.
Who is "we?"
Enjoy your flight!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Who is "we?"
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Who is "we?"
Those of us who regularly travel between the Bay Area and Wisconsin. The DEN-ATW flight is also helpful for those of us who want to aim further north; DEN seems to handle weather better than ORD.
dhuey likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Those of us who regularly travel between the Bay Area and Wisconsin. The DEN-ATW flight is also helpful for those of us who want to aim further north; DEN seems to handle weather better than ORD.
Can't wait to see SFO-RHI nonstop (My hometown airport is RHI and my brother lives in SFO). Lol I know that will never happen.

Also, United has zero award availability on any nonstop SFO-MSN flight so far.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Euteanzoic7216
Can't wait to see SFO-RHI nonstop (My hometown airport is RHI and my brother lives in SFO). Lol I know that will never happen.

Also, United has zero award availability on any nonstop SFO-MSN flight so far.
As it happens, I flew on DL last September RHI-MSP-SFO. Golf outing with my old high school buddies at Wildcat Lake, near the UP border. Good thing that RHI has those twice-daily flights, else it would have been a very long drive to MSP.
worldwidedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.