Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Terminal 3 to/from Int A gates

Terminal 3 to/from Int A gates

Old Jul 31, 17, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Question Terminal 3 to/from Int A gates

Sorry if this was asked before but I cannot find it using search.

I will be taking off SFO Intl terminal via Air Berlin, which I'm told takes off from the intl A gates. I want to set aside some time to visit the AMEX Centurion Lounge in T3.

I know there is an airside walkway between T3 and Intl G gates, but what I don't know and cannot find out is if one can keep walking to intl A gates without having to clear security again.

Can one walk between G and A gates in the Intl SFO terminal? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 31, 17, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bufito View Post
Sorry if this was asked before but I cannot find it using search.

I will be taking off SFO Intl terminal via Air Berlin, which I'm told takes off from the intl A gates. I want to set aside some time to visit the AMEX Centurion Lounge in T3.

I know there is an airside walkway between T3 and Intl G gates, but what I don't know and cannot find out is if one can keep walking to intl A gates without having to clear security again.

Can one walk between G and A gates in the Intl SFO terminal? Thanks in advance.
Not behind security. You will walk through the main (check in) hall.
Old Aug 1, 17, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the clarification. Seems crazy you have to clear security within the same terminal, but alas it is what it is.
Old Aug 1, 17, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bufito View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Seems crazy you have to clear security within the same terminal, but alas it is what it is.
Logistically, the A and G piers are far apart. It opened in 2000, when today's concerns weren't as concerning.
Old Aug 5, 17, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
Logistically, the A and G piers are far apart. It opened in 2000, when today's concerns weren't as concerning.
Also, I think they had in mind keeping alliances together in the same concourse, such that relatively few passengers would have any need to go between A and G. Even if you could go airside from A to G, it would be more than twice the distance than walking straight across the check-in hall. The latter would probably be faster most of the time, even with the additional security screening.

Search this Thread