Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber Flat Fares SFO work around?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Uber Flat Fares SFO work around?

This months uber flat fares in San Francisco off 3.49 uber pool rides throughout the SF region-including from san francisco to South San Francisco and Burlingame. However, SFO is excluded from the flat zone. Are there any work arounds--drop off points near the airport that count as being in the airport region, but that offer easy access to SFO--for example, one of the sky train stops?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
For NYC Ride Passes, if you enter a destination, it shows the map from A to B, and the areas that are outside the Ride Pass zone are outlined in blue, and it says "Pass Area Shown" at the bottom. Not super-easy to see the boundaries, but they're there. Assuming that the app works similarly for the SF area, it would let you see the boundaries of the SFO exclusion zone.

One heads-up, the flat rate Ride Passes typically have a maximum discount (usually $15-20), above which you get charged, so if the ride would usually be $40, and you have a $4 flat fare, it charges you around $20-25.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Does look like there is no way around the SFO flat fare exclusion. It seems most spots around the airport are excluded.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:04 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I'm not advocating this, but a bunch of airport hotels with free shuttles to the airport are within the flat-fare zone.

I'll move this to the San Francisco forum as you'll likely get more suggestions there.
l'etoile
sr moderator
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by l'etoile
I'm not advocating this, but a bunch of airport hotels with free shuttles to the airport are within the flat-fare zone.

I'll move this to the San Francisco forum as you'll likely get more suggestions there.
l'etoile
sr moderator
I will advocate this

I've done this often (not at SFO) where I've gone to an airport hotel for whatever reason and taken a shuttle to the airport for the price of a drivers tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.