Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Oakland airport transportation to Hilton Parc 55 SF

Oakland airport transportation to Hilton Parc 55 SF

Old Apr 29, 17, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Arrow Oakland airport transportation to Hilton Parc 55 SF

Does anyone recommend a good way to get from Oakland aiport to Parc 55 at 8pm at night. I understand that BART had some crime problems last weekend with passengers getting robbed and beaten? Uber, Shuttle? Thanks so much.
Old Apr 29, 17, 1:26 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Chick-fil-A Red
Your best bet is probably Lyft or Uber (it often pays to check both). Hopefully by that time of the day, and riding into the city, the bridge traffic won't be as bad.

I tend to avoid the shared van services. Especially the ones that stop at multiple hotels (which is basically all of them) which can take forever.

Nobody can make you any promises as to safety, but I've ridden BART tens of times, including to/from both OAK and SFO, without problem. I'm probably with you though: what I've seen in terms of response will probably push me toward Lyft next time I fly into OAK at night.
Old Apr 29, 17, 2:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Take Lyft. It'll be fast and easy and about $25.

You can do BART, I've done it before. The "crime problems" you mention was a one-off group of crazy kids. The Powell Station on BART is directly across the street from the Parc55 entrance. But honestly unless you are really trying to save $$$ just take Lyft.

Why Lyft instead of Uber? Because Lyft isn't Uber.

Neil
Old Apr 29, 17, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by mphall View Post
Does anyone recommend a good way to get from Oakland aiport to Parc 55 at 8pm at night. I understand that BART had some crime problems last weekend with passengers getting robbed and beaten? Uber, Shuttle? Thanks so much.
The incident last weekend was a one time occurance. Before Uber and Lyft I took Bart all the time between SFO and Powell with no problem.

If you are coming in at 8, traffic will be light at that time of night and I would do Uber Pool or Lyft's version of pool if you aren't in a hurry, if you have another rider they will also more than likely be going to Union Square anyway and it's not much more than Bart. The only time I use Bart is rush hour since it's usually faster then

ETA: Sorry thought it was from SFO not OAK. I would definitely do Uber or Lyft from OAK. If you do Bart from OAK you have to take a bus from OAK to the Collesium bart station and take the BART train from there.

Last edited by jamesteroh; Apr 30, 17 at 9:29 pm Reason: Misread the post to say from SFO
Old Apr 30, 17, 11:05 pm
ryw

Programs: WN A, DL FO, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
If you do Bart from OAK you have to take a bus from OAK to the Collesium bart station and take the BART train from there.
No need for a bus now to get from OAK to Coliseum. BART has an elevated connector train that runs directly from OAK (right outside Terminal 1, less than a 5 minute walk from Terminal 2) to the Coliseum BART station. You pay for your ticket once you get to Coliseum BART and can then you can get to anywhere in the system.

I've done OAK to East Bay destinations on BART dozens of times and haven't had a problem, but I can understand if OP wants to avoid it. As others have said, it should be fine to use Lyft and there shouldn't be too much traffic at the time - unless you're looking to save a few dollars, in which case BART should be ok.

If you're arriving (or leaving) on a Saturday or Sunday in May or the weekends of June 10-11 and July 1-2, best to avoid BART as they'll be doing construction on track between OAK and downtown SF and replacing part of the service by bus bridges.
Old May 1, 17, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
If I only had a carry on bag, I'd take Uber Pool or Lyft Line. The chances are very good that you wouldn't have any stops, or perhaps one stop on the way to your hotel. Pick up spots are easily located at OAK.

Re: BART, from Coliseum Station (where the airport line drops you off), at least there are two trains that operate at all hours going to SF, so you shouldn't have to wait too long.
Old May 1, 17, 8:59 pm

Dont forget to check the baseball schedule. Traffic can be a nightmare because of this, and the last place you want to be is at Coliseum Station when a game is getting out.
Old May 1, 17, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti View Post
Dont forget to check the baseball schedule. Traffic can be a nightmare because of this, and the last place you want to be is at Coliseum Station when a game is getting out.
8 PM would be an unusual time for a baseball game to be over. A day game would be long over, and most night games start at about 7pm.

Search this Thread