Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

EWR to YVR connecting in SFO

Old Apr 27, 17, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Hello Bay Area experts. I apologize greatly if this has been asked many times before. But it's been six years since I've been to Canada. And I'm worried that the process of connecting flights during Canada-bound trips are as laborious as the connections during overseas trips are.

I'm flying EWR-SFO-YVR on UA next month. I have a 1.5-hour layover at SFO.

I'm aware that I won't encounter Customs and Immigration until I arrive in Vancouver. But I'm unsure about the connection process at SFO.

Will I have to reclaim and recheck my bags at SFO?

Will I have to re-clear security before boarding my connecting flight to Vancouver?

I think Terminal 3 houses all domestic UA flights, while International Terminal G houses all international UA flights. And those two terminals are adjacent to each other.

Is there a good chance that I'll have to simply walk from Terminal 3 to International Terminal G?

Will 90 minutes be enough time to reach my connecting flight?

How does it work, guys?

Thank you all.
Old Apr 27, 17, 10:54 am

Programs: AA
You won't have to collect your baggage at SFO. You won't have to reclear security. Your connection will be no more strenuous than a basic domestic connection. You might have to show your passport at the gate on boarding but that would be the only difference.
Old Apr 27, 17, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Jericho-79 View Post
I think Terminal 3 houses all domestic UA flights, while International Terminal G houses all international UA flights. And those two terminals are adjacent to each other.

Is there a good chance that I'll have to simply walk from Terminal 3 to International Terminal G?

Will 90 minutes be enough time to reach my connecting flight?

How does it work, guys?
Easy peasy. You'll probably arrive in Terminal 3 and walk airside to International-G. Just be sure not to exit security -- take the airside hallway to G. Like wrp96 said, it's just like a domestic connection except that you'll be asked for a passport.
Old Apr 28, 17, 12:39 am

Programs: AS DL
On the way back, you will clear US customs in Vancouver so after that, the YVR-SFO is like a domestic flight. It is as if the airport concourse is in US territory even though it isn't.

Search this Thread