SFO connecting UA to OZ

Old Apr 12, 17, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, American, Singapore Air, Southwest
SFO connecting UA to OZ

I am flying with UA (from TUS) into SFO and connecting to OZ to ICN. It is all on one ticket. Can I stay airside from the United terminal to the Asiana gate that I believe is in International A?
Old Apr 13, 17, 3:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by kenlawdavis View Post
I am flying with UA (from TUS) into SFO and connecting to OZ to ICN. It is all on one ticket. Can I stay airside from the United terminal to the Asiana gate that I believe is in International A?
Yes - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ional-sfo.html
Old Apr 14, 17, 9:28 pm

No, only the international G gates are connected to the United terminal. International A will require reclearing security.
Old Apr 15, 17, 10:17 pm

Seems like you can, as tonight TUS SFO arrives gate 78 https://www.flysfo.com/flight-info/security

Passengers can connect to certain terminals without exiting and re-entering security. Post-security connectors are available between:

Terminal 1, Boarding Area C, Gates 40 through 48 and Terminal 2, Boarding Area D, Gates 50 through 59.
International Terminal, Boarding Area G, Gates G91 through G102 and Terminal 3, Boarding Areas E and F, Gates 60 through 90.
Old Apr 16, 17, 7:32 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Originally Posted by iamflyer View Post
No, only the international G gates are connected to the United terminal. International A will require reclearing security.
This is the correct answer.

Asiana uses concourse A which is not connected airside to any other terminal (including concourse G which also has international flights from several *A airlines but is not used by Asiana).
Old Apr 25, 17, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Please follow the redirect as we send this to the San Francisco [Destination] forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Apr 26, 17, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
This is the correct answer.

Asiana uses concourse A which is not connected airside to any other terminal (including concourse G which also has international flights from several *A airlines but is not used by Asiana).
That's right. Someday International-A will be connected airside to the renovated Terminal 1, but that day is years away. During construction, it's not even connected landside to T1 (must take AirTrain or walk all the way around via T3 & T2).

OP will need to walk across International from -G to -A.

Search this Thread