Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Which OAK hotel for early departure?

Old Feb 21, 17, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

I will be taking a very early Southwest flight out of Oakland, and was thinking it would be easier to stay at a hotel near the airport. Are there any reasonable hotels near OAK that have a shuttle?
Old Feb 21, 17, 12:22 pm

Courtyard Marriott.
Old Feb 21, 17, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
There are lots. The Hampton Inn Oakland Airport - Alameda is also a good choice.
Old Feb 21, 17, 1:38 pm

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
I stayed at the Best Western. Convenient van shuttle to the airport, BART station, Amtrak station and the sports stadiums.
Old Feb 21, 17, 3:08 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Holiday Inn Express is right there and has a shuttle. That is where I stay for early AM OAK flights.
Old Feb 22, 17, 1:52 pm

I had good luck at the OAK airport Hilton too. Very close to the airport entrance.
Old Feb 22, 17, 7:56 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

For me, Hotwire is almost always the way to go for single night airport hotel stays. Unlike Priceline, Hotwire lets you filter by properties that actually have an airport shuttle. In this case be extra careful to also filter by area so you don't end up with a place that has a shuttle to SFO.

We'll move this thread to the SF Bay Area forum, as the locals may be able to provide additional tips.
Old Feb 22, 17, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
As others posted above, the key is the airport shuttle. That should be very reliable. I don't know which hotels near OAK have reliable shuttles, but that should be the focus.
Old Feb 23, 17, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey View Post
As others posted above, the key is the airport shuttle. That should be very reliable. I don't know which hotels near OAK have reliable shuttles, but that should be the focus.
Be sure and check what the shuttle hours are. Hilton is probably the best bet because they handle a lot of airport crews. The Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express are both fine, but again, check the shuttle hours.
Old Feb 23, 17, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
I would highly recommend the San Leandro Marina Inn - many cuts above the hotels mentioned above, but also reasonably priced.

Search this Thread