Blueline Deep Dish Pizza

Old Jan 20, 17, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Blueline Deep Dish Pizza

Just had a great Large Cheese Deep Dish Pizza with Basil, Roasted Peppers(with a goat cheese dip_ and Garlic Bread(with marinara sauce) for appetizers at the Blue Line Pizza in Los Gatos. They have other locations such as Campbell CA(in Downtown on West Campbell Ave by the Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station. You can go to bluelinepizza.com.

If you are ever stuck on a long layover at SJC or your flight is delayed take the Free VTA Flyer 10 to the Metro Airport and hop on Light Rail to Blueline Downtown Campbell for some good pizza then head back to the airport feeling full.

The Coffee Stout Beer was amazing and you can get the Happy Hour Prices from 4-6. $4 Craft Beers, 1//2 off Appetizers.

Guess what I am having for breakfast tomorrow? Some more Deep Dish Pizza. Makes for a great breakfast. They also have thin crust pizza but their Deep Dish Pizza made with cornmeal crust is soo good just like the Chicago Deep Dish.

My Father had the Mediterranean large Deep Dish Pizza with an Amber Ale.

Price for 2 $64.00 not including tip(Tip was 20 percent). I always get the large for $3 more and have a second meal out of it.

Last edited by danielonn; Jan 20, 17 at 7:54 pm
Old Jan 22, 17, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
This may not be related but their Gluten Free pizza is nothing special and very expensive.
I know the OP is writing about the regular pizza.
I eat GF because of medical necessity like many other.
For the best value GF pizza I would take the California Kitchen any day.
Old Jan 22, 17, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
I love deep dish. Thanks for the report, danielonn.
Old Jan 23, 17, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1P, AS MVP, WN CP; MR Ti, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, RR Au
FYI there is a Blue Line near-ish to SFO in Burlingame (maybe 10 minutes in an Uber)

They also have locations within San Francisco itself, under the name Little Star Pizza. One is within 2 blocks of the 16th Street BART station.

My second favorite Chicago style pizza in SF, after Patxi's
Old Jan 23, 17, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
I also know of ones in San Carlos and Mountain View (both close to the respective Caltrain stations), and the web site mentions Daly City and Danville to round out the list.

http://bluelinepizza.com/

Don't think I've ever had their deep dish, come to think of it, but had a bunch of their regular lineup for work lunch one time. I do love me some Patxi's
Old Jan 23, 17, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago View Post
FYI there is a Blue Line near-ish to SFO in Burlingame (maybe 10 minutes in an Uber)

They also have locations within San Francisco itself, under the name Little Star Pizza. One is within 2 blocks of the 16th Street BART station.

My second favorite Chicago style pizza in SF, after Patxi's
Little Star's co-founders split. No one is using the Little Star name on any new locations. I believe that each co-founder has one each of the SF locations, and the former co-owner that doesn't have Blue Line also has the Albany Little Star as well as The Star in Oakland. He also has a burger place (Boss Burger - kind of like organic and better In-n-Out style, with the fries cooked in tallow) and an "Oregon"-type food place - Cafe Eugene - all in Albany.

I love Little Star. Caveat - don't ever get it to go. It doesn't hold up well. But if you don't make "all gone" in the restaurant, take the remainder to go. It holds up "well enough" for leftovers.
Old Jan 23, 17, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
Caveat - don't ever get it to go. It doesn't hold up well.
There is a "half baked, uncut" option... bring it home, cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, slather butter all over the foil, then bake it the rest of the way. Cut with a bread knife when it's done.

ALMOST as good as in the restaurant. (Same goes for Patxi's, too.)
Old Jan 23, 17, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a "half baked, uncut" option... bring it home, cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, slather butter all over the foil, then bake it the rest of the way. Cut with a bread knife when it's done.

ALMOST as good as in the restaurant. (Same goes for Patxi's, too.)
I can walk there - in 15 minutes. And better yet, I can "walk off" about a 1/4 of a slice worth on the walk home.
Old Jan 25, 17, 9:15 pm

Never had Patxi's, but in my opinion, Zachary's in the East Bay is better than Little Star (yes, it's a stuffed pizza, not a deep dish, but close enough). Never was a fan of cornmeal crusts; too gritty.
Old Jan 25, 17, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by calbear2005 View Post
Never had Patxi's, but in my opinion, Zachary's in the East Bay is better than Little Star (yes, it's a stuffed pizza, not a deep dish, but close enough). Never was a fan of cornmeal crusts; too gritty.
Patxi worked at Zachary's: http://www.westword.com/restaurants/...posals-5750984
Old Jan 26, 17, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not a fan. Around here, it is like the "Coke v Pepsi" camps.
Old Mar 26, 17, 10:28 pm

I finally had Zachary's this weekend and - yep - turns out it is better than Patxi's... The spinach and mushroom is absolutely incredible and the service was way better too.
Old Mar 28, 17, 6:49 pm

I finally had Zachary's this weekend and - yep - turns out it is better than Patxi's... The spinach and mushroom is absolutely incredible and the service was way better too.
Glad you liked it. Their stuffed spinach and mushroom is my favorite and there's something about their tomato sauce. Way more chunky and herb-y than other deep dishes that I've tried.

Last edited by calbear2005; Mar 28, 17 at 9:35 pm

Search this Thread