Wiki Posts
Search

transfer from United domestic to United International in SFO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united
transfer from United domestic to United International in SFO

I was wondering if United airlines can transfer the luggage for a connecting flight (from a domestic United to an international United) within an hour or less. The customer service person said no worry, United will take care of that. I am a little skeptical. Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:26 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
The cutoff for baggage check in on a freestanding international departure from SFO is already just 1 hour, so the only thing to worry about is if your first flight is delayed.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Do you have both flights booked on the same itinerary? If so it should be a complete non-event. What, specifically, are you skeptical of?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TA
The cutoff for baggage check in on a freestanding international departure from SFO is already just 1 hour,
And even that is only due to TSA/DHS requirements for check-in on international flights. For domestic flights at SFO it's 45 minutes.

Of course, the difference with transferring is that they need to get the bags off the inbound plane first, but as you've said, 60 minutes is plenty presuming the inbound isn't too late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.