Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Healdsburg Restaurant - Valette

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Healdsburg Restaurant - Valette (or others in Santa Rosa)

I heard some good things about a restaurant in Healdsburg called Valette. Has anyone been there?

Last edited by JerryFF; Nov 13, 2016 at 6:04 am
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Well, someone has probably been there, otherwise they'd be out of business . I have never been. My most recent Healdsburg dining (a couple years ago) has been at Baci, which I enjoyed. If I'm up that way, I'm probably another 10 miles up the road, eating at Diavola in Geyserville (last time early this year).
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:15 am
Community Director Emerita

We ate there last year. I had seen a picture of
on Yelp and had to have it. It was a solid meal. I'd eat there again but would also explore other restaurants in Healdsburg.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - we'll be staying in Rohnert Park for about 3 days and were planning at least one drive up to Healdsburg. Trying to decide which of the many good restaurants to try there, as we don't get to the area very often.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:26 am

Never had a bad meal at a two fork restaurant in Healdsburg.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Troopers
Never had a bad meal at a two fork restaurant in Healdsburg.
Thanks, but couldn't locate this place - any more details or perhaps a slightly different name.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:01 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I am guessing the poster meant "two fork" as in a 2 fork review?

But I don't know any review service that uses number of forks to say how good a restaurant in so I may be way off.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:32 am

Sorry for the confusion. "Two fork" is not a specific restaurant, it's a generic term that I heard at a public hearing for restaurants that have table settings with two forks, white tablecloth, etc...meaning nicer fine dining restaurants. Versus restaurants that provide only one fork.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Troopers
Sorry for the confusion. "Two fork" is not a specific restaurant, it's a generic term that I heard at a public hearing for restaurants that have table settings with two forks, white tablecloth, etc...meaning nicer fine dining restaurants. Versus restaurants that provide only one fork.
Thanks for the explanation. If you happen to remember the names of any that you particularly enjoyed, that would be great.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 6:03 am
Original Poster

We're expanding our territory for restaurant searches to the Santa Rosa area as well. Specifically looking for "bistro-type" places - do not need to be fancy - in the $100/2 people range. Examples we've found from Yelp that sound good but not always know how to read these are Willi's Wine Bar, Bistro 29, John Ash, Walter Hansell.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:32 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I only know John Ash

And I would say it is quite fancy IMHO and 100/2 would definitely not include wine or cocktails.

Last edited by squeakr; Nov 13, 2016 at 8:33 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by squeakr
But I don't know any review service that uses number of forks to say how good a restaurant in so I may be way off.
The Michelin guides used crossed knives and forks to denote how "luxe" a restaurant is - one being the least and five being the most.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:01 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
The Michelin guides used crossed knives and forks to denote how "luxe" a restaurant is - one being the least and five being the most.
It's important to keep in mind that the crossed knives and forks symbols, couverts, refer to levels of comfort, decor and service, not food quality. Only the stars and the Bib Gourmand symbol indicate to food quality.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
It's important to keep in mind that the crossed knives and forks symbols, couverts, refer to levels of comfort, decor and service, not food quality. Only the stars and the Bib Gourmand symbol indicate to food quality.
Thanks for the explanation of symbols. To be honest, I think we are looking somewhat below even 1 star Michelin for this trip. We are looking for good food without having to pay for "fancy".
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by squeakr
And I would say it is quite fancy IMHO and 100/2 would definitely not include wine or cocktails.
Good to know. This is only our second venture north as we have been spending lots of time in and around Santa Barbara, Solvang, and Los Olivos the past few years. So all of your input is really appreciated.

Another name that popped up recently is Le Gare. Any ideas about this one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.