Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

1 hr 35 mins enough for domestic transit in SFO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Hi guys,

I asked this on the SQ forum, but I thought it might be more appropriate if I repost it here.

I am scheduled to fly SIN-BOS via SFO (single PNR/ticket). Originally, the SIN-SFO segment (SQ32) was scheduled to arrive 0705hrs, and the connecting SFO-BOS on VX departing at 0930hrs. I was just informed by SQ that my SIN-SFO has been pushed back and is now scheduled to arrive at 0755hrs, which leaves me with only 1 hr 35 mins to connect.

Is that enough time, or should I reschedule? I understand that at SFO, I will need to clear immigration, collect my bags, and recheck-in at the transit desk. I am travelling in J, non-US citizen, but I have the APEC Business Travel Card, which in theory allows me to use the express immigration lanes, although I'm not sure how much help that will be.

On a related note, since both flights are on a single PNR/ticket, if I miss the connecting flight, SQ should rebook me. Usually, what are the rules/guidelines for rebooking? Does it only have to be on partner airlines? Or can they rebook me on any flight?

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vade
On a related note, since both flights are on a single PNR/ticket, if I miss the connecting flight, SQ should rebook me. Usually, what are the rules/guidelines for rebooking? Does it only have to be on partner airlines? Or can they rebook me on any flight?

Thanks!
The International to Domestic MCT is SFO is 1hr 45min. With your schedule change that ticket now violates the MCT and the airline should/ will accommodate your request for change. Before you call I suggest knowing what you want. Look at VX, B6 and UA options (UA is in the same alliance as SQ) so that you can help get them to the change the is best for you.

Good luck.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:00 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Great info- closing the thread

As the OP has gotten some great info here, and crossposting is not allowed, and there are substantial responses on the SQ thread, I'm closing this one now. Please note cross posting a flyer talk is not allowed – if you post in the wrong form, a friendly cheerful moderator will happily switch your health you switch to the correct form. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.