Reload this Page >

SFO to break ground on massive $2.4 billion Terminal 1 renovation

SFO to break ground on massive $2.4 billion Terminal 1 renovation

Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Post SFO to break ground on massive $2.4 billion Terminal 1 renovation

The San Francisco International Airport will break ground on a $2.4 billion renovation of Terminal 1 on June 29.

Terminal 1 currently houses domestic airlines Delta (NYSE: DAL), Southwest (NYSE: LUV) and Frontier. It will be partially demolished to make way for the construction and renovation of two new boarding areas, central check-in and security spaces, baggage claim and a new mezzanine to connect the terminal to AirTrain and parking.
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...d-flights.html

Won't be done until 2020.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Will include a new 350-room high-end on-airport hotel, owned by the airport and operated by probably either Hyatt or Fairmont.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:31 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Definitely Hyatt. Probably not going to be an 8,000 point property like the one further south. I'm back there again this week on cash and points ($55 and 4,000 points) beofre a 6am flight.

HYATT AND SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ANNOUNCE PLANS FOR A GRAND HYATT HOTEL
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:37 am
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
Originally Posted by tom911
Won't be done until 2020.
http://www.flysfo.com/about-sfo/airport-development/t1

SFO website (link above) is saying 2024 completion. Has the development finish date been sped up?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by tom911
Definitely Hyatt. Probably not going to be an 8,000 point property like the one further south. I'm back there again this week on cash and points ($55 and 4,000 points) beofre a 6am flight.

HYATT AND SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ANNOUNCE PLANS FOR A GRAND HYATT HOTEL
It is likely that Hyatt might keep the Regency even after the Grand opens, as they have both brands at DFW. The two hotels at DFW market to very separate groups, both meetings and overnight guests.
u do
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by GDL
http://www.flysfo.com/about-sfo/airport-development/t1

SFO website (link above) is saying 2024 completion. Has the development finish date been sped up?
My guess is that we will see a lot of the mentioned interim construction before anything new starts to be built at T1.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
It is likely that Hyatt might keep the Regency even after the Grand opens...
2 cash cows. Most if not all of the majors have several SFO-area properties. Try and get a room under $350+ during peak periods.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
2 cash cows. Most if not all of the majors have several SFO-area properties. Try and get a room under $350+ during peak periods.
Exactly. The Regency can keep the corporate meetings, weddings and banquets (where parking is easier) while the Grand will be a natural for less price-conscious travelers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.