Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO T1 rebuild

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:24 am
Original Poster

SFO T1 rebuild

Just thinking outloud. If AS finishes its purchase of VX, could WN move to T2? Or AS move to T2 and WN goes into the international terminal? If you empty T1 out, you could conceivably tear it down much sooner, and have less cost keeping it operational for the next couple of years.

What do you think?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I would think the plan is for AS to consolidate in T2. I'm not sure that would free up enough gates in International-A for WN. There is also Frontier in T1B -- I doubt they could move both carriers to I-A.

Regardless, I look forward to the T1 redo. It's a bus station in an otherwise beautiful airport.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
Regardless, I look forward to the T1 redo. It's a sinking bus station in an otherwise beautiful airport.
The master plan was for AA to move when T1 was done. A beautiful AS T2 with a nice Bored Room would be lovely.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The master plan was for AA to move when T1 was done. A beautiful AS T2 with a nice Bored Room would be lovely.
Seems like AS would take over the space that is now the Admiral's Lounge.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
I would think the plan is for AS to consolidate in T2. I'm not sure that would free up enough gates in International-A for WN. There is also Frontier in T1B -- I doubt they could move both carriers to I-A.

Regardless, I look forward to the T1 redo. It's a bus station in an otherwise beautiful airport.
I wonder if carriers pay a discount for T1 and a premium for I-A. The difference is just so stark, especially with I-A being a true international terminal.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Javelin
I wonder if carriers pay a discount for T1 and a premium for I-A. The difference is just so stark, especially with I-A being a true international terminal.
I had read in another forum that SFO wanted a few domestic carriers in the International Terminal to help the concessionaires and restaurants during the slow times when there were no International flights. Available space is another reason.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Javelin
Yes, but I believe they are all common use gates, which creates logistical issues for an airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.