Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club to International Terminal/JetBlue

Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

We are flying Alaska Airlines (YVR to SEA to SFO) first class (AA miles). In SFO flying JetBlue (Mint) to BOS.

I'm AA Executive Platinum, traveling with 2 family members (husband and 13 yo son), with Admiral Club membership. I would like to use Admiral Club in Terminal 2 SFO before flying out out International Terminal on JetBlue.

Will we need to clear security twice ? We all have TSA precheck but will I need something from AA to get through security in Terminal 2 for Admirals Club? Because we are domestic flight i'm assuming there are no International club options.

Thanks
Julie
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:06 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From the Wikipost in the Connecting in SFO thread:
It's possible to walk between gates in a single zone, but going from one zone to another requires clearing security. Several FTers have reported resistance from BP checkers and TSA agents when you try to enter a concourse that is not connected airside to your departure gate. They are mistaken; you can use a same day boarding pass departing SFO at any of the security checkpoints. Press the issue (politely), and you'll get in.
Originally Posted by jvpierce
Will we need to clear security twice ?
Yes.

Originally Posted by jvpierce
We all have TSA precheck but will I need something from AA to get through security in Terminal 2 for Admirals Club?
No.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
When you enter T2 security, the ticket checker (and prob. TSA agent) will let you know that you're in the wrong terminal. Simply advise that you're there for lounge access.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Great - thanks for the info!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Are you sure it's worth it? You're going from 0 security screening to twice; as well, it's not a short walk between the terminals.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Are you sure it's worth it? You're going from 0 security screening to twice; as well, it's not a short walk between the terminals.
The landside portion of the walk is a brisk 10 minutes each way, if even that.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:42 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The landside portion of the walk is a brisk 10 minutes each way, if even that.
20-30 min walking and two trips thru security vs. make-your-own lounge experience at Il Fornaio and skip the whole mess?

Feels like a lot of work to be able to relax.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
20-30 min walking and two trips thru security vs. make-your-own lounge experience at Il Fornaio and skip the whole mess?

Feels like a lot of work to be able to relax.
OP has not mentioned how long the connection may be. 2 or 3 beverages per person, no waitress coming over frequently to see "how you are" when all you may want is a coffee or soda ... etc. Besides, a nice walk may be a good thing between flights, time permitting. OP may also enjoy the airport museum in the Int'l Terminal (landside) and/or some of the museum exhibits located landside.

I often visit 2 terminals for SFO departures (although it is my originating airport). If the OP and family's BPs all have precheck, I wouldn't hesitate. If for some reason one or more doesn't, I'd rethink it.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I also think that whether it's worth the trip depends on how much time the OP has to spare, and if the OP has Precheck. I do the extra security trip when I have >30 minutes to spend in the Centurion Lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.