Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Persian Buffet Restaurant in the Bay Area?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

I am visiting SF later this month and would like to know if there is a Persian restaurant that serves a lunch or dinner buffet, anywhere in the triangle between Concord, San Jose & San Francisco?

It should be a buffet so that I can try a range of dishes

Information greatly appreciated.

PS. If this is the wrong forum to ask this question, please point me in the right direction!
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:12 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I don't know of any buffets but

google showed this place in Oakland

http://www.bacheesos.net/#hours

Seems a shame to limit yourself to buffets when there are SO many great persian/iranian restaurants here.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 8:56 pm

Caveat: The owner of Bacheeso's, circa 2005-10 was a friend of hers. Bacheeso's catered several of our very casual holiday parties. Bacheesos has two locations, Oakland and Berkeley (near the Cal campus). The location near a college campus might suggest to you (and I would not dissuade you from concluding) that the buffet offerings are okay, but prepared for diners seeking quantity over quality. (That said, I think they have had and may still have a two-plate limit at the buffet.) Other than moussaka, kebabs, sometimes dolma and saffron rice, there isn't a lot that I would associate with Persia (or nearby)...other than off the menu.

If it's the same owners, they are nice people.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:40 am

I too was going to suggest Bacheeso's
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
What are good Persian places in San Francisco? I've enjoyed the posh Maykadeh (http://maykadehrestaurant.com/) but welcome other ideas, especially for solo luncheon. I've enjoyed Lavash in the sunset but haven't been there in years. I welcome suggestions!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:29 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
For Iraqi-California food.....

Jannah in the Western Addition

http://jannahsanfrancisco.com/

great middle eastern food with a california influence. Lovely people and amazing food.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:30 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by carpediem22
I am visiting SF later this month and would like to know if there is a Persian restaurant that serves a lunch or dinner buffet, anywhere in the triangle between Concord, San Jose & San Francisco?

It should be a buffet so that I can try a range of dishes
Persian living in S.F. here. I'll say that you're very unlikely to find quality Persian food around here if it is in buffet form. If you want to try a range of dishes, bring some friends and order a lot.

Originally Posted by gaobest
What are good Persian places in San Francisco? I've enjoyed the posh Maykadeh (http://maykadehrestaurant.com/) but welcome other ideas, especially for solo luncheon. I've enjoyed Lavash in the sunset but haven't been there in years. I welcome suggestions!
By far, my favorite Persian food in S.F. proper is Lavash, which you mention. IMHO, Maykadeh is not what it used to be, and while some people enjoy Alborz, I have not been impressed with their kabob.

If you are willing to go outside the City -- e.g., Berkeley and the Peninsula-South Bay areas -- you'll find some decent spots, since the Persian populations are higher in those areas.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by nnn
Persian living in S.F. here...

By far, my favorite Persian food in S.F. proper is Lavash, which you mention. IMHO, Maykadeh is not what it used to be, and while some people enjoy Alborz, I have not been impressed with their kabob.
Thanks for the Lavash endorsement! It means a lot to me!
Michael

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.