Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

The Escape Lounge is a small-medium lounge in Terminal 1 airside, across from Gate 9, between Gates 8 and 8A.

Complimentary access for American Express Platinum Card® and Centurion® Members as part of the American Express Global Lounge CollectionSM. Also to departing International Business class or higher passengers such as British Airways.

Access for walk up clients is $45.00; booking in advance via Escape Lounges is $40.00. This is not a Priority Pass or airline lounge.

Amenities include a selection of complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and snacks, as well as

• Ultra-Fast internet provision, separate from the main airport Wi-Fi
• Easy, free of charge, access to the web
• Print, scan and copy
• Cellphone / tablet charging points abd poser points

(No showers; lavatories across the concourse)

Link to Escape Lounges page on OAK lounge

Link to OAK Airport lounge page
Print Wikipost

Escape Lounge OAK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I agree with the review that the food in this lounge is exceptionally good.
Troopers and dmax801 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Has anyone used the lounge after 7pm? I have a late departure on WN and wondering whether the lounge staff will replenish the spread after the Norwegian flights depart.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Has anyone used the lounge after 7pm? I have a late departure on WN and wondering whether the lounge staff will replenish the spread after the Norwegian flights depart.
I have not, but maybe you'll be our reporter on the scene with this. I'm guessing that the dinner catering comes in around 5:30 or 6pm.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:07 am

I've been there but I haven't noticed a time at which point they are clearly done for the day with new food
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ll be generous and say our experience was very disappointing. Saturday night & escape is packed to the gills with budget/newbies & families flying Norwegian. Food is pretty sad - a salad bar with no dressing(!), ham & cheese sandwiches, cheese cubes, Mac/cheese - kudos for the quinoa & barley salads. Cookies were about the only good thing here. Unless you want schmirnoff be prepared to pay $6.50 per drink. And wait in line for the single bartender. It was almost comical to watch an elderly patron request a drink with Norwegian liquor as the Latina staff (the best part of the place) had no idea what she was talking about.

Overall on par with an average UC - maybe worth a stop for Amex folks who can get in free, but certainly not worth going out of your way from T2 and definitely a ripoff even at Groupon prices. Won’t be returning.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:23 pm

I’ve had the sense that this small lounge would not be a pleasant place before one of those Norwegian 787s departs. Sorry you confirmed that, Boraxo.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I’ll be generous and say our experience was very disappointing. Saturday night & escape is packed to the gills with budget/newbies & families flying Norwegian. Food is pretty sad - a salad bar with no dressing(!), ham & cheese sandwiches, cheese cubes, Mac/cheese - kudos for the quinoa & barley salads. Cookies were about the only good thing here. Unless you want schmirnoff be prepared to pay $6.50 per drink. And wait in line for the single bartender. It was almost comical to watch an elderly patron request a drink with Norwegian liquor as the Latina staff (the best part of the place) had no idea what she was talking about.

Overall on par with an average UC - maybe worth a stop for Amex folks who can get in free, but certainly not worth going out of your way from T2 and definitely a ripoff even at Groupon prices. Won’t be returning.
Probably why there's this restriction on the Groupon " Not valid during the high traffic times of 12pm-7pm on Monday-Friday. "
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
I’ve had the sense that this small lounge would not be a pleasant place before one of those Norwegian 787s departs. Sorry you confirmed that, Boraxo.
.. or 3 or 4 787s. On Wednesday and Thursday nights when I've been in, there are 3 Norwegian flights; it's usually too crowded (on Tuesdays, there are five; not sure the other days). I don't know what they're going to do if Norwegian keeps adding flights. It's going to be a crowded summer but it'll get much better in the fall when the BA flights stop and half of the Norwegian routes suspend for the winter.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:30 pm

I've never been in this lounge before these widebody departures (usually morning visits for me). I can say only that it's a delightful place with tasty food when it's at around 50% of capacity.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Popped in before a recent WN flight. I was glad to see their well stocked bar and the bartender made a halfway decent Kir Royale

They also had some really good smoked salmon out for breakfast. In fact, the spread was far better than I'd gotten at the Hilton OAK that I wish I'd just had breakfast here.

Plus the space is quite nice, especially compared to the dismal concourse outside.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Plus the space is quite nice, especially compared to the dismal concourse outside.
That's a big part of why this lounge is so great: just outside of it is the dismal bus terminal known as Oakland International Airport, Terminal 1.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
That's a big part of why this lounge is so great: just outside of it is the dismal bus terminal known as Oakland International Airport, Terminal 1.
Please do not degrade the description of BUR (once again known by its previous name of Hollywood Burbank) Airport. OAK T1 is simply luxury beyond compare if BUR is where you're going.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I was in here about ten days ago on a Friday night. There was a waiting list to get in, front desk agent was taking phone numbers to call when a space opened up. I asked if I could just grab a water. Agent insisted on swiping my card. Then there were no waters. Place was an absolute zoo.

Basically this place has become unusable if you're here before the three DY departures (i.e., about 5-8 pm).
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Concur. Note: I observed bottled water was handed out at the bar, so that is an option if the frig is empty (of course there was a line at the bar too...)

In any case, my view remains that Escape is not worth $22-45 per person (price varies depending on groupon discounts, etc.) unless you plan to binge on beer, cheap wine or well drinks, but maybe worth a stop during non-peak hours if you get free admission. Those breakfast photos sure look good compared to the mediocre spread at dinner time.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:21 pm

Those breakfast photos sure look good compared to the mediocre spread at dinner time.
It's really a delightful place in the morning. Sounds like a no-go zone before the Norwegian departures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.