Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

The Escape Lounge is a small-medium lounge in Terminal 1 airside, across from Gate 9, between Gates 8 and 8A.

Complimentary access for American Express Platinum Card® and Centurion® Members as part of the American Express Global Lounge CollectionSM. Also to departing International Business class or higher passengers such as British Airways.

Access for walk up clients is $45.00; booking in advance via Escape Lounges is $40.00. This is not a Priority Pass or airline lounge.

Amenities include a selection of complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and snacks, as well as

• Ultra-Fast internet provision, separate from the main airport Wi-Fi
• Easy, free of charge, access to the web
• Print, scan and copy
• Cellphone / tablet charging points abd poser points

(No showers; lavatories across the concourse)

Link to Escape Lounges page on OAK lounge

Link to OAK Airport lounge page
Print Wikipost

Escape Lounge OAK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Moniqua
I am here at OAK right now and was eager to use my new Priority Pass for the first time and when I walked in an asked they said they do not currently take PP but their lounge in Minneapolis does. They are working on getting PP for the Oakland lounge but the employee couldn't say when. She just said they're working on it. So, as of 12/22/16, No PP yet. This is busy holiday travel time and OAK is pretty packed but only ONE person is in the lounge.
Talked to them today, and the rep said they probably will not be taking Priority Pass, but they're working on something with AMEX. That would be decent and probably do a better job controlling the crowds.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by channa
Talked to them today, and the rep said they probably will not be taking Priority Pass, but they're working on something with AMEX. That would be decent and probably do a better job controlling the crowds.
I hope they announce something soon. I have a 100k Amex Plat offer and am weighing that vs Sapphire Reserve. Reserve is better card but I'm at 5/24 for another month so I'm a likely denial for the 100k offer expiring on the 11th. If Amex gets me lounge access here, that'd be a strong push in that direction vs PP.
Old May 1, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by channa

Are there any other cases of AMEX providing lounge access directly other than through Priority Pass?

If so, I think that would be something new, and seems unlikely.

Last edited by Mediahound; May 1, 2017 at 1:27 pm
Old May 1, 2017, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mediahound
Are there any other cases of AMEX providing lounge access directly other than through Priority Pass?

If so, I think that would be something new, and seems unlikely.
American Express Global Lounge Collection℠‡ programs and partners:
- The Centurion® Lounge
- International American Express Lounges
- Delta SkyClub®
- Priority Pass Select*
- Airspace

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ction/platinum

They do not seem to be in any rush to join any program. Maybe they're just going to be independent. Bummer for me but good for them if they're getting enough traffic as is that they don't need to be part of any program.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
American Express Global Lounge Collection℠‡ programs and partners:
- The Centurion® Lounge
- International American Express Lounges
- Delta SkyClub®
- Priority Pass Select*
- Airspace

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ction/platinum

They do not seem to be in any rush to join any program. Maybe they're just going to be independent. Bummer for me but good for them if they're getting enough traffic as is that they don't need to be part of any program.

Thanks.

The last time I walked passed, there were literally only 2 patrons in there. I doubt they're breaking even right now, but who knows.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Mediahound
Thanks.

The last time I walked passed, there were literally only 2 patrons in there. I doubt they're breaking even right now, but who knows.
I've seen it like that as well, but if they're hurting for business, signing on with PP is the obvious thing to do. I'm sure PP would be happy to add an OAK lounge to their collection. It doesn't really make sense that they would struggle and not join any lounge alliance. If they're worried about overcrowding before BA/DY departures, easy enough to limit PP access to the slower hours, as many lounges do.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
I've seen it like that as well, but if they're hurting for business, signing on with PP is the obvious thing to do. I'm sure PP would be happy to add an OAK lounge to their collection. It doesn't really make sense that they would struggle and not join any lounge alliance. If they're worried about overcrowding before BA/DY departures, easy enough to limit PP access to the slower hours, as many lounges do.
How long would it take for them to join if they decided they wanted to?

It's not like BA/DY would stop using them if they became overcrowded....where would they go?
Old May 2, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636
How long would it take for them to join if they decided they wanted to?

It's not like BA/DY would stop using them if they became overcrowded....where would they go?
MSP lounge was ~six months from opening to joining PP; OAK has been open since November I think, so similar timeline so far.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Seems like the lounge would alternate from practically empty to packed based on the flight times where passengers on the flights have free access.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:30 am

If the lounge stays independent, at least there's another food/drink option in T1 now; Vino Volo opened up down at the end by gates 14/15. Haven't tried it out yet but I assume it's like the other Vino Volo.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
If the lounge stays independent, at least there's another food/drink option in T1 now; Vino Volo opened up down at the end by gates 14/15. Haven't tried it out yet but I assume it's like the other Vino Volo.
I'm more likely to get a glass of wine and some salmon rolls at Vino Volo than I am to pay the lounge entrance fee if I have an adequate amount of time prior to a flight. But most often, my OAK departures are before Wine o'clock*, and unfortunately, the lines for coffee are horrendous in T1.

(*Wine o'clock only refers to wine consumed in an airport terminal and specifically excludes airport lounges, pre-departure beverages, and inflight consumption.)
Old May 3, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I'm more likely to get a glass of wine and some salmon rolls at Vino Volo than I am to pay the lounge entrance fee if I have an adequate amount of time prior to a flight. But most often, my OAK departures are before Wine o'clock*, and unfortunately, the lines for coffee are horrendous in T1.

(*Wine o'clock only refers to wine consumed in an airport terminal and specifically excludes airport lounges, pre-departure beverages, and inflight consumption.)
I *think* they have coffee. It'd be a no brainer for the mornings when the Starbucks lines are 30 deep. Silver Dragon also has coffee and shorter lines.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:09 pm

Old May 11, 2017, 3:11 pm

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

On the other hand, they may just be trying to get more followers on Twitter.

Personally, I much prefer to fly out of OAK than SFO so access to the lounge either via AMEX Platinum or Priority Pass would be very welcomed.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
That does seem promising!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.