Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

SFO: access to Terminal 1 if flying in/out of Terminal 3?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO: access to Terminal 1 if flying in/out of Terminal 3?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I read that t1 and t2 are connected airside, so it is possible to move between those two terminals without going through an extra security check.

However, terminals 1 and 3 are not connected airside, so if I move from terminal 3 to terminal 1, I will have to clear Security check at t1 again

Is that correct?
Only part of T1 is connected to T2. The "C" pier (gates in the 40s - mostly DL and overflow from AS and AA) is connected to T2, the rest of what remains of old 1 is not connected at this time (any remaining gates in the 20s or 30s), and won't be until later in the reconstruction of the old part of T1. I don't know if there are any remaining airlines other than WN in the old part of T1.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I can't recall -- is the plan to connect T1-B airside with International-A and T1-C?

(Visitors please note that I'm asking about way-down-the-road connections. Won't happen anytime soon.)
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
I can't recall -- is the plan to connect T1-B airside with International-A and T1-C?

(Visitors please note that I'm asking about way-down-the-road connections. Won't happen anytime soon.)
I believe that is the plan, as I recall from reading a long long time ago.

(N.B. - don't hire dhuey for Appellate oral argument involving airside inter-terminal connections.)
dhuey likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(N.B. - don't hire dhuey for Appellate oral argument involving airside inter-terminal connections.)
Also don't consult dhuey about planning your trip on BART to take the bar exam. He almost arrived late for the bar back in 1992. They shut the door at start time, and if you're not there, it's tantamount to failing the bar.
Eastbay1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.