FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Francisco (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-francisco-468/)
-   -   At SFO can you walk from T3->T2 airside (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-francisco/1729277-sfo-can-you-walk-t3-t2-airside.html)

Markie Dec 5, 2015 7:33 am

At SFO can you walk from T3->T2 airside

Just wondering if there was an airside route from T3<->T2 at SFO please?

danville 1K Dec 5, 2015 8:17 am

No, you have to go land side and clear security again.

dhuey Dec 5, 2015 9:54 am

Mods, maybe we should have a sticky/wiki only about SFO: moving between terminals, connection times, lounges, AirTrain, BART, taxis/Uber, etc. Top of the list would be this recurring question about whether one can stay airside between terminals. (No criticism intended, Markie -- it's a good question).

Markie Dec 5, 2015 10:01 am

Originally Posted by dhuey (Post 25817968)
Mods, maybe we should have a sticky/wiki only about SFO: moving between terminals, connection times, lounges, AirTrain, BART, taxis/Uber, etc. Top of the list would be this recurring question about whether one can stay airside between terminals. (No criticism intended, Markie -- it's a good question).

Thanks guys - I hoped that the answer was otherwise.

dhuey Dec 5, 2015 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 25817986)
Thanks guys - I hoped that the answer was otherwise.

Maybe the answer will be yes at some point. A T2-T3E bridge would make 60% of the SFO gates connected airside. That would cover the vast majority of airside connections passengers want to make. Only International-A and T1B would be unconnected.

fanger Dec 5, 2015 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey (Post 25818074)
Maybe the answer will be yes at some point. A T2-T3E bridge would make 60% of the SFO gates connected airside. That would cover the vast majority of airside connections passengers want to make. Only International-A and T1B would be unconnected.

But not likely soon unfortunately. The time to do it would have been in conjunction with the T3E remodel, adding something like the new T2-T1C connector. Opportunity missed.

dhuey Dec 5, 2015 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by fanger (Post 25818636)
But not likely soon unfortunately. The time to do it would have been in conjunction with the T3E remodel, adding something like the new T2-T1A connector. Opportunity missed.

I wonder if it could be done by building an airside/landside wall in the landside pathway between T2 and T3E. Maybe that's completely impractical.

TWA884 Dec 5, 2015 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey (Post 25817968)

Any member who has been on FlyerTalk for a minimum of 90 days and has posted at least 90 messages can create and/or edit wiki posts.

Start a thread. Once the first message, i.e., an introduction, is posted click on the Thread Tools drop down menu and select "Create a Wikipost." You may (or may not) wish to use the 2014-15 Consolidated LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread as an example.

Once created, use the RPB button (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/image...ons/report.gif) to alert the moderator and ask her to make it a sticky thread.

squeakr Dec 5, 2015 11:45 pm

This.

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 25820106)
Any member who has been on FlyerTalk for a minimum of 90 days and has posted at least 90 messages can create and/or edit wiki posts.

Start a thread. Once the first message, i.e., an introduction, is posted click on the Thread Tools drop down menu and select "Create a Wikipost." You may (or may not) wish to use the 2014-15 Consolidated LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread as an example.

Once created, use the RPB button (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/image...ons/report.gif) to alert the moderator and ask her to make it a sticky thread.

rob_flies_ua Dec 6, 2015 9:24 am

Started in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-f...cting-sfo.html

#10 Dec 8, 2015 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 25817436)
Just wondering if there was an airside route from T3<->T2 at SFO please?

SFO is an amazingly compact airport given its traffic. T3 > T2 is a very short walk landside. Opt out at the hands up box in T2, and you can enjoy a free massage by Team SFO.

Markie Dec 8, 2015 1:04 am

Originally Posted by #10 (Post 25829907)
SFO is an amazingly compact airport given its traffic. T3 > T2 is a very short walk landside. Opt out at the hands up box in T2, and you can enjoy a free massage by Team SFO.

Yes, I just wanted to pop to the Centurion Lounge - and not to have to do Security twice. Looks like I'll slum it in the Admirals Club!

dhuey Dec 8, 2015 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 25829936)
Yes, I just wanted to pop to the Centurion Lounge - and not to have to do Security twice. Looks like I'll slum it in the Admirals Club!

Do you have Precheck? Those lines are short and move very fast at SFO. Centurion Lounge is worth a visit.

Critic Dec 13, 2015 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by fanger (Post 25818636)
But not likely soon unfortunately. The time to do it would have been in conjunction with the T3E remodel, adding something like the new T2-T1C connector. Opportunity missed.

Opportunity for whom, exactly? The gates in T2 and T3 aren't common use, and since there's no overlap between carriers/alliances between the T2 tenants (VX & AA) and T3's tenant (UA, also the principal tenant of International G with the other *A carriers), who stands to benefit from an airside connection between T2 & T3E?

It's also worth noting that any current or previous airside connections (including the T3-IntlG bridge and the T1B shuttle) were solely to accomodate UA (and indirectly *A, although SFO didn't do AC any favors by placing them in International A for years.)

Eastbay1K Dec 14, 2015 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Critic (Post 25859886)
Opportunity for whom, exactly? The gates in T2 and T3 aren't common use, and since there's no overlap between carriers/alliances between the T2 tenants (VX & AA) and T3's tenant (UA, also the principal tenant of International G with the other *A carriers), who stands to benefit from an airside connection between T2 & T3E?

It's also worth noting that any current or previous airside connections (including the T3-IntlG bridge and the T1B shuttle) were solely to accomodate UA (and indirectly *A, although SFO didn't do AC any favors by placing them in International A for years.)

Just because 2 airlines aren't in an alliance doesn't mean that there aren't interline / joint ticketing agreements. I'd be surprised if UA and the other T-3 / Int'l G carriers didn't receive a modest amount of feed to its international flights from AA and VX. When I look for SFO/LAX/South America on LAN, I'm typically offered UA/AA/VX connecting options (maybe DL too).