Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Question re: Walking SFO

Old Apr 11, 2015, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million

I am planning an ~8-hour connection at SFO to experience the various lounges and to walk around.
Questions:
1. Is it true that I can walk airside from T2 to T1?
2. Once inside T1 can I walk airside between the B gates and the C gates?
3. Once inside the international terminal can I walk airside between the G gates and the A gates?

Hoping to hear from the experts!
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
1. Yes, but...
2. No, the airside connection is between T2 and T1C. There is no airside connection between T1B and T1C.
3. Sorry, no; A and G are on opposite sides of the International Terminal. A has no airside connections. G has an airside bridge to T3F. T3E and F are connected. Put T3E, T3F and International-G together and that's about 40% of the gates at SFO all connected airside.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhuey
1. Yes, but...
2. No, the airside connection is between T2 and T1C. There is no airside connection between T1B and T1C.
3. Sorry, no; A and G are on opposite sides of the International Terminal. A has no airside connections. G has an airside bridge to T3F. T3E and F are connected. Put T3E, T3F and International-G together and that's about 40% of the gates at SFO all connected airside.
thank you dhuey! Quick and informative response.
Unfortunately for 3. my outbound SFO is CX so will probably be Int'l Term A.
Any idea what security is like for Int'l terminal around 4-7pm? Might go thru G to visit T3, then back to Int'l A for the flight. Sounds like a hassle though.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 3:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by AAJetMan
thank you dhuey! Quick and informative response.
Unfortunately for 3. my outbound SFO is CX so will probably be Int'l Term A.
Any idea what security is like for Int'l terminal around 4-7pm? Might go thru G to visit T3, then back to Int'l A for the flight. Sounds like a hassle though.
In my experience, A and G security has never been bad. I think the most it's ever taken me is 15 minutes. Yes, CX is in International-A.

There are threads in this forum about what do to with idle time at SFO. With 8 hours between flights, you might want to head into SF for a quick visit. That's a long time to spend at an airport, however nice SFO is.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhuey
In my experience, A and G security has never been bad. I think the most it's ever taken me is 15 minutes. Yes, CX is in International-A.

There are threads in this forum about what do to with idle time at SFO. With 8 hours between flights, you might want to head into SF for a quick visit. That's a long time to spend at an airport, however nice SFO is.
Thanks again dhuey!
I forgot to mention it was a Saturday connection.
My vacations typically include multiple, 8 to 16-hour connections in airports, so no plans to head into town. :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.