Wiki Posts
Search

How to Spend 8 days in San Francisco?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by pinniped
True, but the mom & pop wineries will show you around just as much (if not more) as Mondavi, etc. will. If the big wineries do, your tour will be with a busload of other people...
Oh, absolutely. If possible, I would recommend a combination of one of the pre-Prohibition wineries with the more personal touch of a modern, small one.

But I get back to the "8 days" limitation of this thread. These winery tours would be on days 10-12 of my suggested Northern California tour. Unless, of course, one has a particular interest in wineries.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:51 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
For the cost-conscious readers who find this thread, there is a program to offer free tastings for Visa Signature cardholders at Sonoma wineries.

http://www.sonomawine.com/visa-signature-perks

We did a trip with only wineries from that list one time. Results ranged from "why are you showing my your credit card? oh I have to give you something for free?" to "here is our special tasting flight only offered to Visa Signature cardholders. and if you want to try anything else, we'll throw that in for free too."

Found some really exceptional obscure wineries and some thoroughly average places. Probably better to pick out the wineries first then see if they're on the list.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
For the cost-conscious readers who find this thread, there is a program to offer free tastings for Visa Signature cardholders at Sonoma wineries.

http://www.sonomawine.com/visa-signature-perks
I've structured a few of my wine country trips around this program. My results have been similar to yours: Some merchants know the program and treat members well, others need a bit of education and offer only a small tasting for free. Some wineries have good wines, others are only so-so. Though that part is true of wine country in general. The Visa Signature program is a good excuse to try some wineries you might not pick out otherwise based on name and reputation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.