Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Where will the AMEX Centurion lounge be located?

Where will the AMEX Centurion lounge be located?

Old Nov 6, 14, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey View Post
I haven't heard anything about additional airside connections at SFO. I would think a T1 to International-A connection would make the most sense of the possible links to add. This would allow lots of domestic-international passengers to stay airside on their outbounds. Then add T2 to T1, so American passengers can connect to I-A airside. American/British Airways combos are common.

T2 to T3 would seem like the lowest priority. T2 is only Virgin America and American. Not many passengers are connecting from T2 to T3 (United) or International-G (mostly Star Alliance).
I thought T-1 to A was part of the 1 rebuild plan. I thought I once saw it on a map somewhere. I think I did. I think I did.
Old Nov 6, 14, 10:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
I thought T-1 to A was part of the 1 rebuild plan. I thought I once saw it on a map somewhere. I think I did. I think I did.
I appear to be behind the curve on this stuff, as LarkSFO shows. I didn't realize that US flights weren't going to move over to T2, so I guess it makes sense that they need an airside connection between T1C and T2.
Old Nov 6, 14, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey View Post
I appear to be behind the curve on this stuff, as LarkSFO shows. I didn't realize that US flights weren't going to move over to T2, so I guess it makes sense that they need an airside connection between T1C and T2.
Distracted over the new Soda Tax?
Old Nov 7, 14, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
Distracted over the new Soda Tax?
75% yes -- can you believe it? I thought this would going to be close.
Old Nov 8, 14, 12:03 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by LarkSFO View Post
From Travel Skills:

"Whatís interesting here is that US Airways, which is merging with American Airlines, is NOT moving into Americanís gates in Terminal 2 as we had expected. While that may sound a little messy, it wonít be too bad. Thatís because the airport is now building a new post-security corridor that will connect Boarding Area C with Terminal 2. Opening this December, the new corridor should ease transfers between American and US Airways flights. This is big boost for Delta flyers cooling their heels in the somewhat drab Boarding Area CĖ they will now have access to all the excellent amenities of T2 that lie behind security."

Are they on track to open this in December? (only connects part of T1 post security to T2 though)

http://travelskills.com/2014/02/03/whats-next-sfo/
The T2 to T1-C connector opened two days ago. Has a nice new carpet smell to it, some chairs, some power outlets, and an area that looks like it might be a quiet place to watch planes landing and taking off. The yoga room has also re-opened. Not sure when US will move from T1-B to T1-C since those two concourses of T1 are *not* connected airside.
Old Nov 10, 14, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Precheck/Premium security at end of T3

dumps you out right in front of the Centurion lounge. It also appeared to be much more lightly used than the other one to the right of Premium checkin.

I had a flight out of T2, but Precheck at both terminals makes the process relatively painless; if you have precheck, it's not a bad way to kill time even if you are leaving from a different terminal. The lounge was very nice, I enjoyed the wine wall. It was much much busier than I've ever experienced the DFW lounge.

I still think it makes sense to build a sterile connector, but they should have done so in conjunction with the Terminal 2 project or the Boarding Area E project. The re-balancing in conjunction with the Terminal 1 project required this kind of construction anyway, though one could argue you could just live with poor or low variety amenities for years, like they do in some Miami terminals. The original bid estimate for that part of the project was $1 million in the 2010/2011 timeframe.
Old Nov 11, 14, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by fanger View Post
dumps you out right in front of the Centurion lounge. It also appeared to be much more lightly used than the other one to the right of Premium checkin.

I had a flight out of T2, but Precheck at both terminals makes the process relatively painless; if you have precheck, it's not a bad way to kill time even if you are leaving from a different terminal.
Same experiences with that Precheck line. I've gone through it maybe four times since the redesign of T3F security. I don't think it's ever taken me more than 5 minutes, start to finish.
Old Jan 7, 15, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm in this lounge right now and am amazed at how nice it is. Definitely worth a terminal change if you've got time.
Old Jan 7, 15, 5:17 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Starwood, Priceline
lounge is great

side dishes and drinks are awesome; the pork stew has GOT TO GO! Who wants to eat messy, watery pork stew just before a flight?
Old Jan 7, 15, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by squeakr View Post
side dishes and drinks are awesome; the pork stew has GOT TO GO! Who wants to eat messy, watery pork stew just before a flight?
Didn't try the pork, but it looked fine. Not opposed to the concept, but I am opposed to bad flavors.

The sandwich was just perfect.
Old Jan 8, 15, 1:25 am

Programs: DL FO, DL Reserve, AMEX Plat, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Another related thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-2014-a-7.html

Last edited by Flyertall; Jan 8, 15 at 1:44 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: