Search

Restaurant for July 4th

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Restaurant for July 4th

Hi Guys
The future Mrs MickV and I are spending the last night of our honeymoon in San Francisco on July 4th.

I have read a few reviews of places but can anyone here advise a good restaurant to view the fireworks etc that night?

Thanks
MickV
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:26 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
the challenge

1) it's often foggy in July....we have long since given up trying to watch them from anywhere as it's hit and miss whether you'll see anything

2) the old adage , you either have good food or good views but not both, is true here.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by squeakr

2) the old adage , you either have good food or good views but not both, is true here.
I generally agree with this rule, but The Slanted Door is an exception, IMO.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MariaSF
I generally agree with this rule, but The Slanted Door is an exception, IMO.
Probably no fireworks view, nor from La Mar.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:18 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
agree

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Probably no fireworks view, nor from La Mar.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:03 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
IIRC, the City has two simultaneous and identical shows on July 4. Both are over the Bay to the north of the City. One is more to the west, closer to the Golden Gate Bridge, and the other is more to the east, closer to Fisherman's Wharf.

Thus, the best views will be along the waterfront to the north. It may be hard to find a "good" restaurant that has such a view from your table, though you can easily find mediocre places along Fisherman's Wharf.

Another option is to eat dinner somewhere "good" near the northern waterfront, finish before the fireworks, then go outside to see the show. For a top restaurant, I'd recommend Gary Danko. For a mid-range place that serves good food, I'd suggest Hillstone (fka Houston's)--a chain but good food, IMO. For fast food, I'd suggest In-n-Out.

Be prepared for cold, wind, and fog.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 6:05 pm

SF does one show. You might see another cities like Oakland if its not too foggy.

FYI - the Wharf is so fscking busy on the 4th. Use this as an excuse to go somewhere else, like Yountville for dinner. I am not sure where you are staying but know that there will be NO good transportation options in that part of the city.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:56 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
If you go to Sausalito, there are a bunch of restaurants and you can have a perfext view of the fireworks as well.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Thanks guys.

I think what we will end up doing is having a nice dinner somewhere and then have drinks down at the pier I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.